How do you remove the bad milk smell?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
seems as though running it through the dishwasher would get rid of it.

But I really don't know. I drink black coffee! :)

Try soaking it overnight in a handful of soda crystals and freshly boilt water.
If that doesn't help, check the plastic and the rubber seals for smell. If they're the guilty ones, dump the mug and buy a new one.

This is one of those tricks you pick up raising kids ....

Assuming your mug has a lid ... toss the mug and lid into a non-reactive container (plastic, glass or ceramic is best) with 1 tablespoon baking soda (or 1-teaspoon per quart of water) and cover with hot water - put a plate on top if necessary to keep everything submerged and allow to sit for 16-24 hours. Then rinse and wash with dishwashing detergent.

That's how we used to get rid of the "funk" in baby bottles.

If you have an old toothbrush also scrub around all the little nooks and crannies in the lid and cup part with the same baking club soda mixture. If you aren't going to be using it, say, over a weekend, drop a sugar cube in there and put the lid on. This also helps with thermos smells in between uses.

I use my coffee mug in the car all the time and I make sure that it is washed all the time with soap and water.

I have never had a bad milk smell.

I always wash in hot soapy water, then rinse in vinegar water, hot of coarse, then as a final clean, or a nice smell that does work for me, I spray with vannila, the spray you normally use for your fridge and freezer when you clean them out, works every time, Vannila is such a nice and sweet smelling deoderant, but it works magnificently, and doesn;t harm anyone at all, it is all natural. That is sure to kill that nasty milk smell.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom