How to make whipped peanut butter ... help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JMediger

Head Chef
Hello All ...
I'm in my car most of the day for my job so am always looking for ideas for lunch and snacks that are easy to eat but still somewhat good for me. I make baggies of veggies on Sundays and make dill dip to go with it but it's getting old so I thought "Hey! peanut butter goes with celery and carrots, what about a little container in the car?" It doesn't really work ... too thick to "dip" and I ended up eating more than I really wanted to. I recently saw Jif came out with a whipped peanut butter but I'm trying to get away from processed foods and have been making my own peanut butter.

Here's my question ... can I whip my own peanut butter to make whipped peanut butter? Has anyone done this? Thoughts? Ideas?

I've never tried it, but you can add a little milk to thin it out, then whip/beat it in a processor or mixer. You can also add a little oil if needed.

The only way to get a whipped texture with peanut butter is hydrogenated oils. Jif uses fully hydrogenated oil (supposedly doesn't contain trans fats when fully hydrogenated), meaning that it will whip. If you were to take regular Jif and whip it in a kitchenaid in a few minutes you would have a much lighter whipped product, if you were to do the same with natural peanut butter you wouldn't be able to achieve the same results.

I find that the "no stir" brand name natural peanut butters such as Jif, Skippy, and Peter Pan they are made with palm oil and are a bit softer and may be easier to dip.

The only way to get a whipped texture with peanut butter is hydrogenated oils. Jif uses fully hydrogenated oil (supposedly doesn't contain trans fats when fully hydrogenated), meaning that it will whip. If you were to take regular Jif and whip it in a kitchenaid in a few minutes you would have a much lighter whipped product, if you were to do the same with natural peanut butter you wouldn't be able to achieve the same results.

Indeed, and while there are no trans-fats, whipped, aerated oil still is a health risk as it is supposed to be harder to process/breakdown, but that is another story.

Short of this, OP, you could make more of a peanut butter mousse, basicly peanut butter folded into whipped cream with a little gelatin, OR a better/easier alternative, and 100% shelf stable, fold in 50% peanut butter to 50% marshmallow fluff. basically, fluffernutter in a jar.

An amazing, dip-able, no adulteration needed, some will say even healthy alternative: Nutella.

How about filling the hollows of the celery stalks with peanut butter at home? My mum used to put those in my school lunches.

I would try beating a combination of cream cheese and peanut butter.

taxlady, my mom did it too, lol!

ants on a log

Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_699624.jpg

Last edited:
I think I would prefer loading the celery with peanut butter rather than using a dipping method. Once you introduce what ever is clinging to the celery, you will need to refrigerate the peanut butter unless you are consuming quickly.

I think I would prefer loading the celery with peanut butter rather than using a dipping method. Once you introduce what ever is clinging to the celery, you will need to refrigerate the peanut butter unless you are consuming quickly.
Good point.

Thank you all for your ideas ... I've done the stuffed celery but that helps only the celery :). I really want to find a way to make peanut butter "dippable" for the other veggies, and sometimes fruit, that I have.

I do have a cooler that I pack with everything for the day ... breakfast, lunch, and snacks as well as my little ice pack.

I'll keep searching for ideas ... thank you again!

Thank you all for your ideas ... I've done the stuffed celery but that helps only the celery :). I really want to find a way to make peanut butter "dippable" for the other veggies, and sometimes fruit, that I have.

I do have a cooler that I pack with everything for the day ... breakfast, lunch, and snacks as well as my little ice pack.

I'll keep searching for ideas ... thank you again!

Maybe thin down the peanut butter with a bit of oil? Maybe even peanut oil.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom