"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cooking Resources > Terms & Techniques
Old 12-30-2006, 12:37 PM   #21
Master Chef
I can't add much to what already has been said. But here's a little. Another way to make great pork chops is to use the "Shake & Bake" method. I dip in flour, then egg wash, then seasoned breadcrumbs, and cook entirely by baking for about 25 minutes at 360 degrees. The breadcrumbs are lightly browned, and the pork is juicy and tender. The beauty of this method is that you can season your breadcrumbs with flavors like sage, or thyme, or cardamon, and serve with cooked apple slices, or apple sauce. The downside, no drippings for gravy. But the chops come out wonderful.

If you want to impress your son, forget pan and oven. Fire up the grill (I love making pork chops on the covered-kettle Webber Charcoal grill that I have). This makes the best pork chops ever. Simply cook over a solid bed of coals and season with salt and pepper while the meat is cooking. Cook for about 5 minutes per side. Serve with a great salad and good bread, maybe grill some fresh green beans or corn-on-the-cob to go with the chops. You just can't go wrong with the grill.

And most importantly, I wish for your SOL safety, health, and a safe return after his tour is over.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

“No amount of success outside the home can compensate for failure within the home…"

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 02:11 PM   #22
Senior Cook
Send a message via AIM to stinemates Send a message via MSN to stinemates Send a message via Yahoo to stinemates Send a message via Skype™ to stinemates
So, it being the next day and all, how did they turn out?!

stinemates is offline   Reply With Quote