How to pan fry pork chops

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can't add much to what already has been said. But here's a little. Another way to make great pork chops is to use the "Shake & Bake" method. I dip in flour, then egg wash, then seasoned breadcrumbs, and cook entirely by baking for about 25 minutes at 360 degrees. The breadcrumbs are lightly browned, and the pork is juicy and tender. The beauty of this method is that you can season your breadcrumbs with flavors like sage, or thyme, or cardamon, and serve with cooked apple slices, or apple sauce. The downside, no drippings for gravy. But the chops come out wonderful.

If you want to impress your son, forget pan and oven. Fire up the grill (I love making pork chops on the covered-kettle Webber Charcoal grill that I have). This makes the best pork chops ever. Simply cook over a solid bed of coals and season with salt and pepper while the meat is cooking. Cook for about 5 minutes per side. Serve with a great salad and good bread, maybe grill some fresh green beans or corn-on-the-cob to go with the chops. You just can't go wrong with the grill.

And most importantly, I wish for your SOL safety, health, and a safe return after his tour is over.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom