I'm looking for a cookbook

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

licia

Executive Chef
I'm looking for a cookbook "The American Family Cookbook" by the Culinary Arts Institute - and Melanie Deprofit - dated 1971 - 1979. If anyone know how to obtain a copy of this, I would appreciate the information. It has everything from very basic to whatever the occasion calls for. Many thanks.

licia said:
I'm looking for a cookbook "The American Family Cookbook" by the Culinary Arts Institute - and Melanie Deprofit - dated 1971 - 1979. If anyone know how to obtain a copy of this, I would appreciate the information. It has everything from very basic to whatever the occasion calls for. Many thanks.

Do an advanced search on Google for the exact phrase "The American Family Cookbook". I got several hits, but most seem to indicate that it is considered a collectible these days, so it could be a bit pricey.

Try this one:
http://www.alibris.com/books/isbn/0832605360/The%20American%20Family%20Cookbook

Licia......I found mine on Ebay. One of my brothers came down from MI on Thanksgiving to help me prepare dinner and brought this cookbook he'd bought back when he was in high school in the 70's. I thumbed through it and was thrilled to find several recipes I'd been searching for. One was my mother recipe for Chop Suey and another what I call Foxy Franks but both were listed under another name. I quickly got on Ebay to obtain a copy. I purchased it for a really good price. Really great recipes in that cookbook. I still find myself thumbing through it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom