ISO Stuffed French Toast Technique

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
What is the technique for making stuffed french toast. Is this a baked item, or can it be made on the stove top? I have never seen the item and so don't know how it's made. I would like to try making it for my wife, daughter and self.

I don't necesarilly need fillings as I can come up with my own. But I certainly won't reject themn either.:) And if the technique explanation would be made easier by telling how a filling is stuffed into the product, then by all means, thow it at me.

Thanks in advance for the replies.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I use french bread, cut thick, Make a pocket in the bread, There are lots of choices for the stuffing, I use cream cheese and fresh or canned peaches diced mixed with some of the peach juice, stuff the bread, try the best you can to fold the top piece of the bread over the stuffing I make it the way you make french toast stove top style. I will try to find my recipe for oven style stuffed I have never tried it, It does look good.

Use what is called 'texas toast'. It's brioche bread that is sliced one inch thick. Brioche is nice and firm, making it manageble to cut a small slit into one of the crusts. Make a pocket in the bread, stuff it, then dip into your egg mixture. It helps if the bread is slightly frozen. Also, make sure you have plenty of eggs in your egg mixture.

Yum, this looks good. I'd probably mix some choc chips in with the cream cheese.
Orange Stuffed Baked French Toast
Orange Stuffed Baked French Toast presented by Evening Shade Inn Bed and Breakfast

1 (16 oz) French bread loaf cut into 18 slices
11 oz cream cheese cut into ¼ inch slices
12 large eggs
2 cups milk
orange sauce (see instructions below)
Place enough orange sauce in dish to cover bottom of a lightly greased baking dish. (can be individual dishes or 9x13 dish). Place single layer of bread slices over orange sauce; top with slice of cream cheese. Top with remaining bread slices.
Wisk together eggs and milk; pour over bread.
Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight.
Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Bake at 350° for 45 minutes, shielding with foil after 30 minutes, if necessary. Remove from oven and top with remaining orange sauce. Makes 9 servings
Orange Sauce 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
4 teaspoons grated orange rind
1 cup fresh orange juice Combine all ingredients in a saucepan, stirring well. Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer until thickened (about 5 minutes), stirring often. Makes 2 ½ cups

Back
Top Bottom