ISO Tnt?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

che'mark

Assistant Cook
I buy machinery from an ISO 9000 factory. It's a designation for standardized quality. TNT is short for Trinitrotoluene. I'm guessing you guys aren't planning to blow up the factory so let a newbie in on what these initials mean here.;)

I buy machinery from an ISO 9000 factory. It's a designation for standardized quality. TNT is short for Trinitrotoluene. I'm guessing you guys aren't planning to blow up the factory so let a newbie in on what these initials mean here.;)

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Uncle Bob - we're foiled again! Do we have a plan B? :LOL::LOL:

Welcome che'mark! I bet that did raise an eyebrow!!!! ;)

I wonder if the FBI is still running their keyword alert system, if so some agent just had a good laugh.... ;)

Elf, it is no time to panic. Whatever they do to you don't tell them what S&P is.

Who knows what they might find out if the feds prod? Is Auntdot an aunt at all? Is she named Dot? And the same could be said for Uncle Bob.

And are you an Elf?

Gotta think, gotta think. Not the time to panic, no, not at all. The feds invading DC.

Who ratted? Andy? No, never. I don't know. Am gonna close and burn all my recipes.

Time to take my medication and go to sleep.

che'mark - we have a basic primer (posted back in 2005) on the basic abbreviations used here in our Frequently Asked Questions thread in our Forum Help and Ideas forum:

TNT = Tried and True
ISO = In Search Of
REC = Recipe
DH = Dear Hubby
DW = Dear Wife
DC = Discuss Cooking

If you can follow that logic then you should be able to understand things that were not listed at that time but are in common use:

MIL = Mother In Law
DIL = Daughter In Law
FIL = Father In Law
SIL = Son In Law
DS = Dear Son
DD = Dear Daughter

Regarding cookware you will run across:

SS = Stainless Steel
CI = Cast Iron
LC = Le Cruset
HA = Hard Anodized Aluminum
AC = All-Clad
NS = Non-Stick

In outdoor cooking forums:

ECB = El Cheapo Brinkman (nickname for a Brinkman - an inexpensive brand of water smoker)
BGE = Big Green Egg (a brand of ceramic smoker/grill)

and then there is:

JMO = Just My Opinion
IMO = In My Opinion
IMHO = In My Humble/Honest Opinion
HTH = Hope That/This Helps

LOL ... I used to be on 2 ISO committees (don't remember the numbers, it's been about 15 years ago, but regarding the databases of engineering materials) and never made that connection!

HTH!

Last edited:
After a while, even if you have never seen the abbreviation before, you will know what it is. It's like a second language. LOL

Back
Top Bottom