Meisenplace? mesonpas? Huh?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I finally finished it.

My nephew drove here for a visit so I sent it to Georgia with him. He'll deliver it to my NIL.

I hope I can attach a photo.

ForumRunner_20130221_104306.jpg

I'm not sure. Those rectangular parts are the tops of restaurant butter dishes that a friend gave me.

They measure 5 1/2"x2 1/2" and are about 1 1/2" deep.

I have sources for the pinch bowls but not the butter tops.

I'd like to one of these for myself but it'll be without the butter tops unless I can find more somewhere.

Thanks all, for your kind words.

I always do it when doing what I will tonight .... stir frying. It just goes so fast that everything has to be right there and ready. Otherwise I'm not that careful. Those boards look like something. I do have plenty of little prep bowls, but quite often I use those thin, flexible cutting boards. When I buy a few, I cut one or two in halves or quarters. Then I chop and just leave the ingredient sitting on it. Stuff I'm going to add at the same time I'll put on one larger one, things I'm going to add at different times stay on their own small board. Since they're flexible, I can sort of cup them and funnel the stuff right into the pan. Easy to clean, too.

Yes. I love those flexy cutting mats.

I like that you can pick them up, fold them slightly over a pot or pan and tap on the top edge to release the ingredients.

I also like that they take up very little room and contour to the bottom of any sink.

I really like the concept. One of these may be emerging from a workshop in Texas soon. How did you cut the holes?

From a design standpoint, I think a single row along the top would be better so chopped ingredients could be pushed directly into the larger containers with the knife.

Now that is so very cool !! I can see a ton of uses for that in my kitchen ... might need to send DH your photo for some inspiration !

Good job jharris !!!

Oooh, gorgeous, jharris! I want one....

Yes. I love those flexy cutting mats.

I like that you can pick them up, fold them slightly over a pot or pan and tap on the top edge to release the ingredients.

I also like that they take up very little room and contour to the bottom of any sink.

Yeah, I have a lot of little prep bowls which, the next time I clear out the kitchen, I may ditch. These are so easy to use and to clean and have multiple other uses. I don't like them as cutting boards for chopping (slicing is OK, but I like a softer surface for chopping), but they really work well for multiple jobs.

Thanks Forty.

I'll use your suggestion on the next one and move the smallest containers behind the larger ones.

After marking the holes in the board with templates I drilled a starter hole inside and near the edge of the hole.

Then I cut out the holes with a jig saw staying an eighth of an inch from the line on the waste (inside) of the line.

Then I stuck the templates to the board referencing X and Y center lines I had marked on the board and templates. I used double sided tape.

I then used a router with a pattern bit inside the templates to make the holes uniform and clean up the jigsaw cut.

Your welcome to PM me your e.mail address if you have any questions.

:)

MrsLMB said:
Now that is so very cool !! I can see a ton of uses for that in my kitchen ... might need to send DH your photo for some inspiration !

Good job jharris !!!

Thanks!

DH? Dear Hubbie? Darling Helper?
Deer-n-Headlights? ;)

Thanks!

DH? Dear Hubbie? Darling Helper?
Deer-n-Headlights? ;)

DH here means Dear/Darling Husband. We also have Dear Wife, Dear Daughter, Brother in Law, Sister in law, you get the picture.

Last edited:
Thanks Forty.

I'll use your suggestion on the next one and move the smallest containers behind the larger ones.

After marking the holes in the board with templates I drilled a starter hole inside and near the edge of the hole.

Then I cut out the holes with a jig saw staying an eighth of an inch from the line on the waste (inside) of the line.

Then I stuck the templates to the board referencing X and Y center lines I had marked on the board and templates. I used double sided tape.

I then used a router with a pattern bit inside the templates to make the holes uniform and clean up the jigsaw cut.

Your welcome to PM me your e.mail address if you have any questions.

:)

There is all that and more. Cutting holes is one thing, Lining them all up to match evenly is another. i'd sweat and pace too many hours just to make the first cut. It's more than the standard "measure twice, cut once" rule.

This turns out as a terrific gift for your nephew.

Back
Top Bottom