Missing Tab

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Addie

Chef Extraordinaire
Does anyone in this forum purchase Barilla Pasta on a regular basis?

Pirate went to our nearby local ripoff supermarket instead of the one I prefer which is in the next town over. He bought Barilla Angel Hair Pasta. Usually I buy Angel Hair at my regular supermarket. But it seems that Ripoff doesn't carry a house brand. So He purchased the Barilla. So here is my question.

You know the tab at the end of a package of spaghetti that tucks into the slot of the other half of the end of the package? Well, I am now the proud owner of two packages of Angel Hair pasta whereby that little tab is missing on both packages.

Does Barilla package their long pastas without that little tab, or did I just get the once in a lifetime fluke. Because if they do not have that little tab on all their packages of pasta, then they will go on my 'WILL NEVER BUY AGAIN.!" list. I have dropped one too many whole packages of long pasta on the floor due to my own stupidity. I don't need any help from the manufacturer.

There's no longer a slot and tab. Now there's a tip tucks under a cutout on the other side.

However, I seldom buy Barilla. I prefer the local brand, Prince.

...looks like this.

Attachments

• 02bd68a4-a041-4ea7-adae-f31abbe6207f_1.f181f4eb6cb2c572697ea5bda106b582.jpg
    02bd68a4-a041-4ea7-adae-f31abbe6207f_1.f181f4eb6cb2c572697ea5bda106b582.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 191
There's no longer a slot and tab. Now there's a tip tucks under a cutout on the other side.

However, I seldom buy Barilla. I prefer the local brand, Prince.

Thanks Andy. I will look for it later on. I too prefer Prince. But only on Wednesday! ;) BTW Prince is made here in Lowell. Barilla is made in Iowa and New York. But the Tortellini and Oven Ready Lasagne (their spelling, not mine) are still made in Italy. It states on the package "Product of Italy, Distributed by Barilla, America, Inc." on the packaging. They also make one product in Canada.

Costco and Sam's pastas come in cello wraps, no box.
Anyway, I always cook the entire contents (16oz) of long pastas, plenty enough for leftovers for lunches or whatever....

My preferred brands come in cello too. I use one of these to close the bag. So, when I drop the bag on the floor, some of the pasta breaks, but it doesn't fall out.

Plastic-Bag-Closure-Clip.jpg_350x350.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom