Need a fast answer - What's the best way to peel tongue...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, somebody's gotta say it. It might as well be me. The easiest way to skin a tongue is to stick it on an iron flag-pole or steel rail, in the middle of a cold winter day (temp. around 15 degrees F.) and quickly yank your head back. Peels 'em every time.

After that, I've never had the opportunity to try tongue, mostly because I think my wife would skin me if I brought one home. :mrgreen:

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I love tongue, it is hands down one of the finest cold cuts I have ever had and as a hot dish I think Argodolce de Lingua is one of Italy's finest dishes. A tomato sauce that is sweetened and flavored with orange juice and the tongue is simmered in it.

As for peeling the tongue I use a very course micro plane. After the tongue is cooked and partially trimmed I just shave off any I missed with it.

togue is the greatest thing. I couldn't tell it was tongue the first time I ate it. I thought it was really tender beef. My mom just bought some back from the butcher. We're gonna slice it and prepare it in tomatoe and onions, and pour it over rice. It's a recipie we got from this hispanic resturant.

I think your supposed to boil it and shave it.

tongue

Andy M. said:
I remember seeing Mario do it like that, too. I've never cooked it, just had it in a deli once.

I am from the Pennsylvania Dutch (Amish) and I have made my share of tongue in my life. The only way you can successfully peel tongue is to boil it first till tender and then before it gets cold the skin will come right off. A WORD OF WARNING YOU HAVE TO PEEL THE TONGUE BEFORE IT GETS COLD.

Back
Top Bottom