Olive Oil vs Pam type product

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks Aurora and Michael for your comments. Michael, you triggered a 45 year old memory of mine, which may have a great bearing on the reaction I had to my can of baking spray that I tossed. My father also had great problems with asthma. I rmemeber the first time a can of areosol entered our home, a can of hair spray. We found my father gasping for air on the front porch. We never again had an areosol can in our house.

Aurora, that article was sobering. It just confirms my mistrust of some food industries, they simply do not have our health first on their agenda, only profits. For some reason, that article also triggered a memory of another incident that has shaped my desire to produce a significant amount of the food I consume. A drama developed in Michigan in 1973 and 1974, a feed mill added a flame retardant chemical to animal feed by mistake. Animals started dying and people got sick. What I remember best about that story was how the feed mill steadfastly denied any wrong doing, waaaaaaay past when they should have acknowledged their role in the tragedy. Even when repeated chemical analysis showed the flame retardant in the animal feed, the feed mill still denied anything. That incident really sparked my distrust of companies wanting to sell me their foods.

I want to thank all of you who have responded to this posting. One of my goals is to get people to think, to question, and I appreciate this forum for providing this opportunity!!

Oh, and another thing I am into, is to reduce my possessions, and this includes clearing out the cupboards of any unnessesary items, like baking sprays! Thanks again for all of your tolerance of my soap boxing, Your are the Best!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom