Parchment paper

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is there any way to pull parchment paper off the roll, cut it and
"Not have it want to curl":mad:

Isn't that annoying?!

The only way I've found to solve that problem is after I tear it off the roll, I wad it up in a little ball as tightly as I can, then smooth it out. Works like a charm.

Helps get some aggression out about the curling, too.:ohmy:

Depending on what I'm using it for that depends.

Baking sheets. I measure just past the edges and then tape the corners with masking tape. Who's going to be looking at the bottom of a cookie sheet anyways? Those that do. Probably shouldn't.:LOL:

Crafts. Duct tape. It sticks better to the tiled counters.

Maybe a small press with a steam iron would work. Sounds like more of a hassle. I've noticed when it's used in my pie maker that does let off a steam the edges are flat after use.

Cut the corners off?

I put it down on the counter or baking sheet with the curled side up and make a small fold around each side, near the edge. This keeps the surface smooth.

After tearing off a sheet, I curl it over the edge of the counter to roll out the curl. Works for me.

Me, neither. I rarely use it for clothes, much less parchment paper ;)

Geez GG, :LOL:

Feel kind of silly mentioning this, but I have used it to make duplicate sewing patterns that I like.
Saved me some money having an already pre cut, tougher pattern sheet to work with. Roll out, pin,cut, sew.

Geez GG, :LOL:

Feel kind of silly mentioning this, but I have used it to make duplicate sewing patterns that I like.
Saved me some money having an already pre cut, tougher pattern sheet to work with. Roll out, pin,cut, sew.

If I sewed, I would probably use it more. That's not one of my hobbies, though.

My work table has a straight edge to it. I take the sheet curled-side-up and draw it gently across the edge, almost like pulling it off its roll again. Makes it flat enough, no iron required. For the most part, my iron is parked in the ironing board rack on the landing half-way down the basement steps. The table is a 180-degree turn from my counter.

Put it flat upon the counter with curls down and use of a rolling pin back and forth until it lies flat.

Mamma taught me of this!

Love,
~Cat

After tearing off a sheet, I curl it over the edge of the counter to roll out the curl. Works for me.

My work table has a straight edge to it. I take the sheet curled-side-up and draw it gently across the edge, almost like pulling it off its roll again. Makes it flat enough, no iron required. For the most part, my iron is parked in the ironing board rack on the landing half-way down the basement steps. The table is a 180-degree turn from my counter.

CG, that's what I do. Your explanation is much better.

I bought 100 flat sheets from the Webstaurant site. The parchment was worthless. Everything stuck to it.

Back
Top Bottom