"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cooking Resources > Terms & Techniques
Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 03:50 PM   #31
Chief Eating Officer

Just how did I attack your suggestions. I merely pointed out that I thought the OP was asking something other than what you were answering. I was not the one making it personal as you did (Saying I must be bored?). Care to point out where I made it personal???

You seem to have a chip on your shoulder and I have no idea why.

Old 04-28-2010, 04:03 PM   #32
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB View Post
Just how did I attack your suggestions. I merely pointed out that I thought the OP was asking something other than what you were answering. I was not the one making it personal as you did (Saying I must be bored?). Care to point out where I made it personal???

You seem to have a chip on your shoulder and I have no idea why.
Not that I should have to dignify any of this with a response...

But what did it matter to you how my answer did or didn't fully answer what the OP was asking? That's for the OP to decide. If he didn't like my suggestion, he can obviously ignore it which is fine by me, I often ignore suggestions that don't suit me. I was answering the question as I saw it, and providing (and I repeat myself) my suggestion/tip that I've used in the past.

Maybe the one with the chip on their shoulder is the one who feels the need to tell other posters that their comment is irrelevant. That's not exactly your position as a fellow poster, now is it... Considering it wasn't you that asked the question, correct? I'm just saying.

And yes, I say you must be bored, because you feel the need to spend time pointing out other people's responses to something, and trying to "prove them wrong", when it wasn't even directed at you.

Do I have to repeat? All I was posting was my tried-and-tested method for what he was asking. I was not posting a debate or anything of the sort. Just because my suggestion was not the same as everyone elses (re: yours), does not mean it has to be called out and picked apart, and then have some comment about what is taught in culinary school. (That was slightly stuck up.)

I'm not going to indulge this any further following this response, because I feel like a broken record.

Old 04-28-2010, 04:10 PM   #33
Everymom

Julio, you seem to have the answers you need. I'm going to just shut this down for a while til tempers settle.

Closed Thread