Standing rib roast - trim/cut

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Addie, your description of that large cut made my mouth just go crazy! I'm drooling like a rabid dog! I'm sorry to hear you aren't back on your feet totally yet. My best wishes to you on having a speedy and complete recovery from your illness. This has gone on long enough!
It is quite a restaurant. They serve Boston Baked Beans right in a brown bean pot. And a pile of corn bread with a bowl of butter. There is no way anyone can eat their whole dinner. The waitresses are as rude as they can get. But that is all a put on. It is part of the show. The PR has all the fat around the edge. It has to be at least 2" wide. Pitches of gravy for your mashed potatoes with lumps.

I am feeling all right. I just wish I could get my appetite back. I am getting my strength back little by little. I didn't know that I had had a hearty attack until I was being discharged from the hospital. This is my fourth one. Someone once said that I was feisty and a fighter. They were so right.

I once told my SIL that all my kids were now out on their own, with good paying jobs and a nice home to live in. So I was ready to die. "You can't die now" he yelled. When I asked why he told me, "Who will make the pies?' So
I have to make that apple mile high pie for him and my daughter. It wouldn't be Christmas without it. I am not going anywhere. Thank you for caring. :chef:

We always had a rib roast for Christmas when I was a kid and a day or two later we would have dinosaur bones for supper. The bones were smeared with butter and mustard then coated with bread crumbs and baked until hot and crispy. I always loved them and thought my mother was a genius. When I got older I read a cookbook by James Beard and it had a recipe for Deviled bones from a prime rib. Dinosaur bones are more impressive when you are little and all of your friends are eating meatloaf. :LOL:

screw the pies, addie, we're just getting to know you. we need you here!

Thank you. I will stick around. I live in a converted school building for the elderly. We each have our own apartment. There are 40 units. I am friendly with most of them and on a name only for the rest. My daughter lives just 30 seconds away from me. My oldest son lives about two minutes away. And my other son drives a limo. Whenever he gets an airport customer he stops by and gives me half of his tip money. My youngest son lives about 45 minutes and works in an ER. He is a Physician Assistant. So I don't see him too often. He puts in long hours. Each day at least one of my kids stops by and checks on me. I have really good kids. So many times I hear "Why can't my kids be like that?"

There are only two of us in the building that have a computer. So when someone needs to apply for food stamps or anything that you can do on line, I do it for them. The other feller that has a computer is not as computer savvy as I am. And the residents know that I keep my mouth shut. I hate gossip!!! I don't understand why their kids don't do these things for them. I guess they like the idea of their parents living in poverty. I do what little I can for them.

Every month I take about $5 or $10 dollars of my food stamps and buy food for the food bank that my church runs. It is the least I can do. I have a roof over my head with low rent and all utilities included. I have no wants. And I have great kids. And now I have found new friends. Thank you for caring. :chef:

We always had a rib roast for Christmas when I was a kid and a day or two later we would have dinosaur bones for supper. The bones were smeared with butter and mustard then coated with bread crumbs and baked until hot and crispy. I always loved them and thought my mother was a genius. When I got older I read a cookbook by James Beard and it had a recipe for Deviled bones from a prime rib. Dinosaur bones are more impressive when you are little and all of your friends are eating meatloaf. :LOL:

Now that is funny! :LOL:

geez, this is a tough read.

i love chewing bones, aunt bea.

one's children are reflections of one's self, addie.

Last edited:
IMO, it is never wrong to have leftover prime rib, it would be bad to not have enough for the party. One of life's pleasures is cold rare roast prime, served on bread, with gravy, or in a variety of other ways, always with horseradish on the side.

Back
Top Bottom