"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cooking Resources > Terms & Techniques

Old 08-21-2009, 08:22 AM   #11
Chief Eating Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican mama View Post
here is a more extensive explanation of Desflemar. hope this helps

Desflemar: To Neutralize by Soaking This refers to taking the "bite" out of a hot fresh chile, or even a strong onion, by soaking in a solution of water with either vinegar or salt, both of which draw out the heat. If handling a fresh chile causes either coughing or watery eyes, this is a good indication that the chile will be quite hot, and soaking for one-half to one hour will help to neutralize it. Fresh jalapeņos being prepared for stuffing may be soaked overnight in milk after being seeded. that is according to mexconnect.com
Thanks. I have heard of the technique, but never knew the name for it.

Old 08-21-2009, 03:16 PM   #12
Head Chef

I think REAL Mexican food is one the world's great cuisines. Most Americans know little about it beyond Taco Bell, which is a shame. I look forward to trying some of your recipes.

Old 08-24-2009, 03:22 AM   #13
Senior Cook

hooray for Mexican food

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotch View Post
I think REAL Mexican food is one the world's great cuisines. Most Americans know little about it beyond Taco Bell, which is a shame. I look forward to trying some of your recipes.

I completely agree with u,.,.there is nothing like the real thing...if u have nay recipe request just reply to this post.,..looking forward to sharing recipes with y'all
Old 08-24-2009, 11:34 AM   #14
Senior Cook

Smile Love Mexican food!

My fondest memories of my three vacation trips to Mexico City and Guadalajara was the wonderful food.

A dear friend of mine is Hispanic and I just love all the Mexican foods that she has prepared over the years.

I have several Mexican cookbooks so I have made a few Mexican and Tex-Mex dishes.

Mexican and Italian are my favorite cuisines.

Old 08-25-2009, 02:39 AM   #15
Senior Cook

cook books

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sutton View Post
My fondest memories of my three vacation trips to Mexico City and Guadalajara was the wonderful food.

A dear friend of mine is Hispanic and I just love all the Mexican foods that she has prepared over the years.

I have several Mexican cookbooks so I have made a few Mexican and Tex-Mex dishes.

Mexican and Italian are my favorite cuisines.

I have a few Mexican cookbooks here..one if from Diana Kennedy...it helped me a lot

Tags
mexican, mexican cuisine, tex-mex