Too much vinegar or too much heat (spicy not temperature)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kitchenelf

Chef Extraordinaire
I marinated a nice London Broil for 2 days in balsamic vinegar - this was an experiment by my son and I after we marinated something else - we thought this would be the best. Well, it could have been the whole 2 days or it just could have turned out this way anyway but it was waaaay too sour.

So, in looking up how to correct this one site said to use brown sugar or sugar for BOTH correcting too much spicy hot AND too much vinegar. They also said to use salt. So I used some salt on both sides of the already cooked piece of meat, which was a little too rare anyway and topped with about 1 TBS brown sugar on each side and some salt. Stuck it back under the broiler for 2 minutes on each side and it came out perfect!!!! Great flavor sweet with very little sour - but the combination of the two is a normal flavor.

Can't wait to try it for the spicy hot problem too.

Thanks for the recipe Erik - I'll be moving it to the Beef forum if that's ok with you.

Just to say it again - I couldn't believe how it fixed the problem - it was like eating soured food when I first tasted it - then it was like - REALLY good!!!!!

(hi Maidrite!!! want to come over for chicken livers tonight?) :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom