Translation from German/Italian

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eiasu

Cook
Hallo!
I am translating into english some recipes from German and Italian,
i would appreciate very much if somebody can help me in finding a common translation for these ingredients:

1. champinons (mushroom)
  2. peperoncini (turk green small red peppers in glass very hot)
  3. mascarpone (italian creamy sweet cheese)
  4. gyros spice mix (paprika, chilli, oregano, parsley, rosemary, thyme, marjoram, allspice, bay, garlic, onion it is used in Germany but i don´t know if it known in common cooking enslish)
  5. tomato pelati (italian peeled whole tomatoes cooked in a glass not sieved)
  6. herbs de Provence (mixture of savory, fennel, basil, thyme)
  7. five spices mix (used for the indian chai tea, a mixture of ground cloves, cardamom, cinnamon, black pepper)
Thank you very much, i will also post some translated recepies if it´s wanted,
ciao
eiasu

#'s 1, 3, 6 and 7 you can keep as is - they are in common usage. I am familiar with the gyros spice mix (not to use but I know of it) and I am in Australia so I would leave as is too.

So it is only 2 & 5 that you may need assistance with IMO, and unfortunately, I am not the one to do that!! :-(

#'s 1, 3, 6 and 7 you can keep as is - they are in common usage. I am familiar with the gyros spice mix (not to use but I know of it) and I am in Australia so I would leave as is too.

So it is only 2 & 5 that you may need assistance with IMO, and unfortunately, I am not the one to do that!! :-(
Thank you Bilby,
that´s great if you know of that and you´re so far in Australia,
everybody else should know also ;)
ciao
eiasu

From Wikipedia,
Pepperoncini are a variety of the species Capsicum annuum, like bell peppers and chili peppers. They are also known as Tuscan peppers, sweet Italian peppers and golden Greek peppers. While called pepperoncini in American English, in Italy these particular kind of peppers are called friggitello (plural friggitelli) or more generally peperone (plural peperoni) like other sweet varieties of peppers, while the term peperoncini (singular peperoncino) is used for hotter varieties of chili peppers.

Tomato pelati seems to mean peeled canned tomatoes.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pepperoncini#cite_note-0

From Wikipedia,
Pepperoncini are a variety of the species Capsicum annuum, like bell peppers and chili peppers. They are also known as Tuscan peppers, sweet Italian peppers and golden Greek peppers. While called pepperoncini in American English, in Italy these particular kind of peppers are called friggitello (plural friggitelli) or more generally peperone (plural peperoni) like other sweet varieties of peppers, while the term peperoncini (singular peperoncino) is used for hotter varieties of chili peppers.

Tomato pelati seems to mean peeled canned tomatoes.

wow thank you,
peeled canned tomatoes ... just like the literaly italian translation,
sounds good!
ciao
eiasu

Back
Top Bottom