Various Techniques for many types of food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If the person posting a link doesn't tell me why the link is interesting, I don't usually bother to click it. There are so many links posted on the internet that I just don't have the time, unless I expect it to be interesting or funny.
OK - understood...I thought the title of the link was self explanatory but will chip in a comment if that helps.

I think you misunderstand. I am not upset. Just explaining myself. :) (Perhaps I need to use emoticons to convey this)? My language here was not the least bit heated - read it and see - so I am puzzled.

When you say I am making too much of this...I am merely replying to posts i.e. to explain. I really don't care about this thread one way or the other....I have a life!

I think most of us detected "ruffled feathers" from you if not heated language Creative. Your last sentence above is just another example.;)

I think most of us detected "ruffled feathers" from you if not heated language Creative. Your last sentence above is just another example.;)
icon_lol.gif

That's it, a laugh! You're getting the hang of us. ;) You're kinda new here, whereas those of us who post regularly have gotten to know each other. Actually, many of us HAVE gotten to know other members from the board in person. We've celebrated weddings, mourned losses, and even sent Christmas ornaments to a member embarking on a new life. Just think of us as that large, dysfunctional family you meet the first time a close friend (or boyfriend) takes you to a family function. Except, online, it's easier to get away. :LOL:

And I think it's time that this argument was allowed to drop. Leave her alone, she's new round here and we don't want to put her off.

:LOL: You know since I only speak English and Childrenese, I often have to look up the meaning of a foreign ingredient or directions in a recipe.

:LOL: You know since I only speak English and Childrenese, I often have to look up the meaning of a foreign ingredient or directions in a recipe.
Ha....well, this forum is obviously US based and some ingredients are either named differently to that in the UK or do not seem to be attainable e.g. certain products. Guess it could work both ways though....:)

Ha....well, this forum is obviously US based and some ingredients are either named differently to that in the UK or do not seem to be attainable e.g. certain products. Guess it could work both ways though....:)

It does. Our Canadian neighbors are very good at translating our English measurements to grams and other ones that the rest of the world uses. There are times when we give them a great belly laugh or two at our lack of ability to understand their/your measurement system. But they are very kind to us, and we appreciate them so much. :angel:

It does. Our Canadian neighbors are very good at translating our English measurements to grams and other ones that the rest of the world uses. There are times when we give them a great belly laugh or two at our lack of ability to understand their/your measurement system. But they are very kind to us, and we appreciate them so much. :angel:
Well UK does grams now! :)

Just to clarify, is there something more I should know re. what may not readily be understandable by Americans (from UK)? I have been giving oven temperatures at Mk 4 (for example)...am I right in
thinking that you favour the degree method?

(sorry I meant to post the symbol ? but clicked on the wrong one)

Just to clarify, is there something more I should know re. what may not readily be understandable by Americans (from UK)? I have been giving oven temperatures at Mk 4 (for example)...am I right in

No apology necessary. Yes we do use the degree system. 350ºF is a moderate temperature used for most baking goods and a lot of other recipes. :angel:

I suggest you just post what you know. If another member doesn't know what a Mk4 is, they will ask. I don't think you should have to worry about converting all your recipes from Mk4 to 350ºF and 180ºC.

PS, my earlier comment was an attempt to get the thread back on topic of cooking methods.

I suggest you just post what you know. If another member doesn't know what a Mk4 is, they will ask. I don't think you should have to worry about converting all your recipes from Mk4 to 350ºF and 180ºC.

PS, my earlier comment was an attempt to get the thread back on topic of cooking methods.
Thanks - I appreciate you trying to get it back to the topic! ;)

Oh dear....so, how is this going to work? Do we have to say if it is a UK recipe or what?

Your thinking too hard on this. Just post the recipe as you know it. Most of us know the conversions except me. I am too old to learn new stuff. :angel:

Oh dear....so, how is this going to work? Do we have to say if it is a UK recipe or what?

We know what terms we don't know and will ask, you know what you don't know and will ask. Simple and the way we've always done it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom