What does PC refer to in a recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nicklord1

Senior Cook
I have 6 egg PC in a menu and i am not sure what it stands for.

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers

Can you write exactly how it is written for us? Maybe the whole recipe? It's not making much sense. Thanks!

for the fondant mix amongst other things it says

egg 6pc
egg yolk 6pc

for the choclate sauce it says amongst other things

gelantine sheets 4pc

It means Politically Correct, but you can only find politically correct eggs in places like Berkley, or the Peoples Republic of Santa Monica.

It means Politically Correct, but you can only find politically correct eggs in places like Berkley, or the Peoples Republic of Santa Monica.

no fair, Caine. OP asked a legitimate question... It does mean "pieces," altho it's a weird choice of terms. seems to me it would be more important to indicate what size eggs to use, but ???? :rolleyes:

I would be interested to know if the recipe came from a book, magazine, etc. Are there other recipes that use that terminology?? Where did the recipe come from etc..

Thanks......

Have encountered it before and it means pieces. Usually have seen it in very old recipes or foreign ones.

The only time I've run across anything like that was an Irish recipe in a book of Celtic recipes translated for the American kitchen by a woman in England. It took me a couple of minutes to figure out that she probably ment the number, or pieces, to use. Of course, she also did [not] offer any help at all on a bread recipe that called for 2 cups of yeast.

Last edited:
Its confusing me lol . I found it on a website in jersey which is an island of the UK near france which i like and is famous for blending iberian , french and english cuisine.

Let me give you the recipe in full so you can help

Recipe of the month - December 2007

Thank you

it does mean pieces.

It is important as this is an international group, that we identify where we are from and where the recipe is from...even in English, terminology and usage differ from the US, Canada, the UK, Pacific Rim and Australia and NZ. Names of fish change, terms of butchery change, metric, Imperial, and US measurements, names of herbs, etc.

The more information we give with our question, the quicker and more accurate the answer.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom