Whats the best way to do Roast Potatoes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rosemary is perfect! The easiest way is small red potatoes cut in thirds sprinkle with olive oil and rosemary, then bake at 450 for about 40 minutes.

three pages of responses...it's going to be impossible not to see some duplications.

I love fingerling and yukon gold pots for their earthy flavour. Leave the skin on, quater them (you only have to halve the fingerlings, and the real small ones you can leave whole) and toss them with a bit of olive oil and fresh thyme. Roast them for about 35 minutes....toss with sea salt and fresh cracked pepper just before serving.

I cut my red taters in chunks, add oil, lemon juice, fresh ground pepper, onions, and Lawrey's...Roast or grill..yumm...

Quarter or halve (depending on size; just make bite-size chunks) the potatoes (skins on)--usually yukons or red. Toss with olive oil or heated ghee with seasonings--I often like thyme, S&P, and crushed garlic, but it varies--brown briefly in a cast iron skillet, and finish in a 450 oven until fork tender. Dinner's done tonight, but I may have to do this tomorrow!

belive it or not i have never actually done / made roasted potatoes, but i was watching a tv cooking program the other week and someone put some sliced or chunked potaotes into a oven dish then sprinked some oil over and some herb

whats everyones best way ? also whats the rough cooking times?
I haven't had roast potaotes for several years! I used to have them often in England but never made them. After reading this thread I think I'll give it a go. Crispy roast potatoes are so good!

Question: Do you prefer peeling the potatoes? I've had them both ways.

I also just tried a new recipe in the book I picked up. It's basically rosemary pan fried potatoes. It yields something crispier and is faster.

Also for roasting, is there another pan that can be substituted for a roasting pan?

Question: Do you prefer peeling the potatoes? I've had them both ways.

I also just tried a new recipe in the book I picked up. It's basically rosemary pan fried potatoes. It yields something crispier and is faster.

Also for roasting, is there another pan that can be substituted for a roasting pan?

You can use a glass (pyrex) baking dish. This is another 'crispy' method I like:

Tattooed Potatoes with Rosemary

I prefer my potatoes unpeeled, but I've had them both ways, & they're still good, so it's pretty much just personal preference.

As far as pans, unless I'm roasting the vegetables in with & around a roast, I always do them on a shallow rimmed baking sheet (aka "jelly roll pan") - basically a cookie sheet with 1" sides. It seems to get everything crispier in a shorter amount of time. In fact, I seem to use rimmed baking sheets for everything under the sun BUT baked goods - lol!!

Back
Top Bottom