"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Outdoor Cooking Forum
Old 09-07-2006, 07:38 AM   #1
Assistant Cook
Smile BBQ 4 end of school

I'm going to do my final secondary schooll exams in around a month, and after i hope to have a bbq with lots of other students to celebrate the end of school I would like to keep the event adult free so we can be a little more carefree, we 're sensible enough, but that means we won't have any actual cooks there. so i would like some advice on what i should serve, i also hope to have light alcohol, like west coast sorta drinks. we all gonna be 17 or 18, so the bbq menu will be aimed there. any tips will be greatly appreciated =D

Phuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 08:21 AM   #2
Looks like you shouldn't worry about the BBQ but about your exams! (school is spelled with 1 L )

My favorite BBQ meat is spare ribs. And I keep on being told "**** that where the best ribs I've ever had!"
The good thing about spare ribs is that I prepare them a day in advance and they are already cooked so the BBQ is just to heat them up so they are done quite quickly.

Here's how I do my ribs:
-Cut the ribs into small pieces (2 or 3 bones a piece)
-Boil them in salted water for about 1 hour
-Let them cool down and add marinade

For the marinade I use:
-garlic powder
-fresh thyme (the number 1 BBQ herb!)
-soy sause

Its best to let them sit in the marinade over night so the flavours really get into the meat.

Good luck

$1000 recipe contest has just started!!!

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad...
adnan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 04:11 AM   #3
Assistant Cook
If you like your BBQ sauce a little spicy and you're adventurous I'd suggest adding some korean chili pepper paste (Kochujang) to your BBQ sauce of choice. You can get that at any Korean or Asian market. trifood.com/kochujang.html <----try that website, that's what it looks like.
BBQ sauce just isn't the same without Kochujang for me anymore.
asiantopchef is offline   Reply With Quote