Beer Can Turkey Dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Love open faced turkey sandwiches. Sometimes I even add a couple of slices of bread on top, just because.
I'm going to have to make more gravy! lol

Last edited:
Thanks guys :)

Z, the stuffing is in-between the corn and the sprouts ;)

Dawg, I wouldn't change the method, I simply don't like all that work after dinner. A chicken I could put on a plate, cover with plastic wrap and put in the fridge until the next day, but the turkey was too big for that so I felt obligated to cut it up right away. Too much work after too big a dinner, lol.
Now if someone were to stop over, eat with me and take care of that afterward... :)

Thanks again.

Wowza .. does that ever look delicious Pac !!

And for future reference --- I am really good and cleaning up and putting things away :chef: :yum:

Beautiful job.

Tell me about the temperature sensor and what do you use for a display.
Also why is the sensor in the breast?

TIA

Beautiful job.

Tell me about the temperature sensor and what do you use for a display.
Also why is the sensor in the breast?

TIA

Thanks, Bones.

I use a Maverick dual probe sensor. E73 or something. It's always gotten good reviews from the smoking crowd.
It's in the breast because that seems to be "the place" to take a turkey's temp. And the plastic pop up comes in the breast, so Butterball must think so, too. I did use a Thermapen to stick it in various parts, including the leg and thigh, but between the probe and my thermapen the readings were all over the place. All above 155 though, so I knew it was done.

That's what I ended up using, Loin. The store was out of 24oz Heineken.

Your turkey looks great, Pac! And it's your first one!

Forty_Caliber - That's a neat turkey rack you showed. I never thought to beer-can a turkey. I have a rack I bought for beer-can chicken. The can fits in the rack and the chicken goes over it. The rack has a round base for stabilization that fits perfectly into my deep dish pie pan to catch the drippings.

Back
Top Bottom