Cooking On Charcoal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Timeloyd

Washing Up
Carbondale, Ill. U.S.A. Earth / ZZ 9 Plural Z A
I cook directly on the Charcoal with my Woc at my Galactic Picnics.
I first put the Charcoal on the grill and using my Wok I make and form a nest in the center of the Charcoal for the Wok to set in without tipping over.
I remove the Wok and put it aside. I then squirt lighter fluid into the Charcoal and toss in a lit match until it is burning the coals real goode.
I put about an inch or two (I use a shallow Wok I can carry in my bike baskets with the Charcoal and lighter fluid) of Canola Oil in the Wok and then put the Wok on top of the Charcoal to heat up the oil.
I then take and open an 8 biscut container of G biscuts and remove 2 of them. A container makes 4. I push with my fingers or roll them flat until they are oblong and a bit bigger then a beef frank/hot dog. I drop a tad of thev dough into the hot oil.
I then put a Beef Frank as I do not eat Pork on the Biscut dough and roll it completely into the dough folding and covering the ends no you can't see it. Roll it between palms until it is smooth. I then make more if neccessary.
When the tad of biscut dough into the hot oil sizzles I slowly slide each Puftaloons (generic) into the hot oil and let it cook simmering and the oil bubbling arround it.
If the oil stops boiling or to get it cooking again CAREFULLY squirt Lighter Fluid to side and under Wok to get the flame up.
DO NOT GET any LIGHTER FLUID IN the OIL. YYUUGGHHkk :^{P
When golden on the bottom turn it over. When golden all over and crispy looking it is considred done. I say considered because it is usually slightlly doughy right next to the Beef Frank. Suggestions?
When golden and crispy I remove and put it on a pie pan to cool and make more on another pie pan.. DO NOT COOL ON PLASTIC PLATES.
I put on the condiments, Deli Mustard, Bar B Q sauce and like Ford Prefect eating a Hydro Biscut which he refered to as the hoopiest in the galaxy in the Hitchhikers Guide TV show I enjoy it. To make it look like the one he ate add Blue food coloring. Where is the Green Catchup?
Any ideas what else to cook on coals with a Wok or ....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom