EVO Mongolian style grill is awesome!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don’t sell anything, I thought this was a forum where you could talk about gear and cooking techniques and get feedback and other opinions.

Sorry if I offended anyone, if my posts are not welcome then you can delete or do whatever you like, I’m just a visitor looking for a place to talk about cooking outdoors.

I don’t sell anything, I thought this was a forum where you could talk about gear and cooking techniques and get feedback and other opinions.

Sorry if I offended anyone, if my posts are not welcome then you can delete or do whatever you like, I’m just a visitor looking for a place to talk about cooking outdoors.

No ofense here. I was just taken by the glowing terms you used to talk about your griddle. You sounded like a salesman. The comment was made witha smile on my face.

Wow, I definitely want one of these.. When I worked at the Korean Restaurant, we used a 4 foot professional version of something just like this.. I would give anything to have one at home!

I guess I've got some work to convince my wife. But, I will prevail!

Wow, I definitely want one of these.. When I worked at the Korean Restaurant, we used a 4 foot professional version of something just like this.. I would give anything to have one at home!

I guess I've got some work to convince my wife. But, I will prevail!

One of the things me and my girlfriend really liked about it was that we can both cook on it at the same time which is a lot of fun.

Its also great for big cookouts, if you have a charcoal grill then you can get both of them going and move meat between the two to get the effect you want or use one grill as a warmer or smoker. I’m a big fan of multiple grills now that I have two, all I need to do is add a BGE and I will be set.:chef:

One of the things me and my girlfriend really liked about it was that we can both cook on it at the same time which is a lot of fun.

Its also great for big cookouts, if you have a charcoal grill then you can get both of them going and move meat between the two to get the effect you want or use one grill as a warmer or smoker. I’m a big fan of multiple grills now that I have two, all I need to do is add a BGE and I will be set.:chef:

I can see that. I miss a good zone cooking environment. I try to set it up on my big charcoal grill, but it's not the same! It would be nice to have an outdoor version of what I am used to, without having the pay for a big fancy overhead exhaust hood. Otherwise, I'd have one in my house!

I gotta get one!

Pizza, phili cheese steaks and a nice steak dinner with a red wine sauce was on for the weekend.

Attachments

• zz Phili.jpg
    zz Phili.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 361
  • zz pizza2.jpg
    zz pizza2.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 370
  • zz pizza.jpg
    zz pizza.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 385
Do you mind me asking how much you paid? I couldn't find anything on the web site that indicated a cost.. I am seriously considering getting one of these! Especially after looking at all of the great food...

If I were to buy something like this, I would certainly be building a roof over it so I could use it all year around.. I might even consider bringing in a natural gas line...
-Brad

Do you mind me asking how much you paid? I couldn't find anything on the web site that indicated a cost.. I am seriously considering getting one of these! Especially after looking at all of the great food...

If I were to buy something like this, I would certainly be building a roof over it so I could use it all year around.. I might even consider bringing in a natural gas line...
-Brad

I think the OP posted a price of $3,000. in an early post.

Yes, tax and all out the door was $3250 and you can use it in a covered patio since there is no open flame.

What is the surface made of? Stainless steel, castiron? Also how thick?

Thanks

What is the surface made of? Stainless steel, castiron? Also how thick?

Thanks

The cook top is 1/4" thick nickel plated carbon steel and you season it just like a cast iron skillet. Everything else is Stainless Steel. Its also very efficient, I can go several weeks on a single 20lb LP Gas bottle and I cook about 4 days a week on the thing, sometimes 2-3 times a day since breakfast is so easy on this.

However I will say that cleanup is a bit more work then any other type of grill as all the fond and grease is left behind since there is no open flame to evaporate it. But this is a mixed blessing as I scrape the fond from steak or veggies off the top and put it in a sauté pan for making sauces.

Last edited:
There may be no visible flame but the griddle is heated by burning propane. That being the case, this should always be used in an open area with full ventilation as you would a gas grill.

True, but you can use it in a covered patio with a low roof unlike an open flame grill that can have severe flame ups and catch things on fire.

I used my EVO under a covered outdoor patio with a very low roof and would never do this with any open flame grill. As you stated, with any LP Gas grill ventilation is key, although I’m not sure why that is true for LP Gas and not Natural Gas which this thing can also run on.

LP gas (propane), and natural gas (methane), burns with combustion by-products of water and carbon dioxide. Incomplete combustion results in carbon monoxide as a by-product.

As both carbon dioxide and monoxide are heavier than air, they can settle at floor level in an inadequately ventilated space and displace air with adequate oxygen to sustain life.

LP gas (propane), and natural gas (methane), burns with combustion by-products of water and carbon dioxide. Incomplete combustion results in carbon monoxide as a by-product.

As both carbon dioxide and monoxide are heavier than air, they can settle at floor level in an inadequately ventilated space and displace air with adequate oxygen to sustain life.

Understood, so why can't this be an indoor grill, I have a gas stove inside that uses natural gas, whats the difference?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom