Grilled Burgers Don't Taste Grilled.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the input RP, I appreciate it. You're right, I've had the unfortunate luck of being one of very few people that notice a pretty big difference between convective cooked burgers and radiant heat seared burgers. Maybe other grillers notice too, but perhaps it's not as important to them as it is to me. To me, it's critical for making a great burger. I can churn out "good" burgers off my grill all day long and everybody loves them. Believe me, I'm the only one that notices, so I understand the problem is with me.
I emailed Weber, again, the other day to inquire about the flavorizer bars and the differences between porcelain enameled and stainless, and once again they said, and I quote: [FONT=&quot]
If anybody would like to see the transcript of the email please PM me, I don't want to publicly throw anybody from Weber under the bus. [/FONT]

I would modify their statement to say that they won't certify any other method because they don't recommend it, and don't test for it. They would probably not recommend using a Genesis grill as a smoker either, but I know from experience that it can be used that way quite successfully.

I almost bought my Weber today. If I wasn't in Idaho visiting my brother I would have. They had a shiny new E-330 Copper on the floor at Home Depot, assembled for the same price as I would pay if I ordered it online. I just don't quite have room to comfortably haul it back to Colorado in my Ford Edge along with my luggage and golf clubs. ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom