Grilling Corn On The Cob

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks Charlie!! Really grilled corn on the cob are something of a novelty still around Rome, we just had them at a fairground a few nights ago but they were kinda dried out, I am sure we can do them better!!
I will take your advice and probably put it into action on the next weekend hopefully!!:chef:

this may sound wierd but i like to shuck the corn, then rub it with mayo, then hit it with some chili powder, salt and pepper. I promise it wont come out tasting like mayo.

I prefer SMOKING my corn on the cob. pull down the husks (don't take em off), soak the ears in water for 30 minutes or so. Lightly coat em in olive oil, sprinkle some cayenne, garlic powder, salt and pepper on them. Then take a piece of bacon and wrap it around the ear. Pull the husks back up and smoke them at 220 with some cherry or apple wood chips for an hour. It's *well* worth the effort.

Then if ya really wanna make it something special, mix up some butter with a little cayenne, cheddar cheese and garlic powder and use it on the corn just before ya eat it.

Corn....I'm from one of the Corn Capitals of the world, Iowa. I grew up getting in trouble for wandering in the corn fields!

I'm very excited for some fresh sweet corn. Our neighbors always stop by with some and it is almost like candy, it is so sweet!

Last year I froze it.....I'll do that again this year but will buy extra ears since the dozen I got last year went way too fast!

Let me tell you...there is nothing sweeter than picking your own ear off the stock, cooking it, and then eating it....I love this time of year!

You can grill corn on the cob shucked or unshucked. If you shuck, then wrap in foil. I like to smear with butter, and sprinkle with salt and pepper before I wrap them in foil. You can also leave them unshucked and cook in the corn husks. This gives a more smokey flavor. You can soak in water prior to grilling or not. Try several ways and see which you like the best.

In the shucks soak them in sugar water for 20 minutes then put them on the grill in gtheir shuck. They will be so sweet and delicious.

Claire said:
You'll find as many methods as there are people who cook out. When you put them in foil or in their shucks, you're steaming them over coals/flame. My husband prefers it when I do like I do with other veggies -- shuck, then brush or roll in olive oil and seasonings, then put over the flame. It's more roasted than steamed. All are delicious, to me there is no wrong or right, just what you like. He just happens to like it roasted. As for me, I've met few ears of corn I didn't like, and the way he likes it is easy on me, since I always put a ton of veggies on any time we light the coals.

I cook mine directly over the flame... nice charred action going on if you like that. I usually use butter and combo of herbs and spices.... finger-licken good!

Each member of my family has their favorite way, so I often cook them several ways (shucked in foil, unshucked and presoaked in water, shucked and spreading butter on the corn as it cooks, etc).

Back
Top Bottom