Kabobs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Love swordfish and ahi tuna on the kabobs. I also enjoy teriyaki beef kabobs. I make the marinade and slice the beef into strips, against the grain. Then when they have marinated for a half hour or so, I weave the skewer through the meat strip, lengthwise, alternating with onion chunks, and maybe some sweet red bell pepper. Other veggies go on other skewers. Serve with rice.

For another favorite beef kabob, I like to use plain beef, cut into large chunks (inch-wide), and put them on the skewers with whole mushrooms, season all with olive oil, salt, and pepper. I'll throw some beef fat on the grill with the kabobs to give it all that grilled beef flavor that I so love.

For chicken, sometimes I'll marinate with my Smouldering Chicken marinade, sometimes with a marinade made with onion, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and pineapple. I like my chicken in bite-sized chunks on the kabobs, alternating with chunks of pineapple, onion, and bok choy.

Other times, with chicken, I'll dress the chunks with cooking oil, and mix in various herbs such as garlic powder, ginger, salt, pepper (I know, salt and pepper are not herbs), thyme, oregano, sage, cayenne pepper, and a touch of soy sauce. I let that all sit for a half hour or so, then skewer and put it on the fire. I serve these kabobs with juicy cole slaw.

Pork gets a sweet treatment with a teriyaki style marinade, but with brown sugar added, or with a maple based bbq sauce. Grill until mostly done, and brush with more maple bbq glaze. Serve with baked beans and corn on the cob.

Chicken is superb cut into strips, and glazed with tropical fruit gazes, with garlic. These "kabobs" were sold everywhere in Olongapo (sp) in the Phillipines, and in other places I traveled in that same country. Filipino food was among the best I ate anywhere, ever.

So many things can be done with kabobs wild game, fish, poultry, veggies, etc.

Idea, can anyone come up with a successful take on a frozen desert kabob? That's my challenge for all of you today.;)

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Last edited:
I did boneless pork chops marinated in a soy, oyster sauce, pepper, and garlic marinade,
Finished with thai sweet and sour. Was very good. Sort of a Thai sweet and sour pork.

I got a couple of the wire skewers for Christmas. They work well.

I cook alternate meat and onions on skewer. Veggies done separately, sometimes with pre microwaved bacon strips zig zagged on veggies.

Been thinking about attempting to cook some kabobs bit not exactly sure how to go about doing them. Anyone have any recipes for them? I'd greatly appreciate them.

Hi, Jessica. There are many possibilities from salad & appetizers to dessert. For an all-in-one main dish, cut the protein & veggies in equal small-sized portions so everything cooks evenly. I use an indoor grill and spray it with nonstick cooking spray or brush with oil.

Here's a quick and easy example.

Steak Panzanella Kebobs
Steak, trimmed of fat & cut into 2" pieces
Cherry tomatoes
Mushrooms
Crusty bread cut into small pieces
olive oil

Alternate pieces of beef, tomatoes, mushrooms and bread on skewers (soak wooden skewers in water for 15 minutes before using to prevent burning). Brush all with olive oil, and season with salt and ground black pepper. Cook/grill for 5 to 7 minutes or until cooked through, turning frequently.

Kebabs with Couscous

At home, we enjoy our well seasoned the Moroccan style lamb kebabs with couscous and pita, Kalamata olives and a good red wine from time to time.

We marinate in an Adobo marinade with spices Cumin, garlic, pepper, cilantro, salt, lemon, white wine or sherry, olive oil, chili pep., onion and smoked paprika.

Pork kebabs are a very Spanish Tapa and they are served on skewers with onion and green pepper and are called Brochetas at uncountable taverns in Spain ... they are served with bread and red wine ... or a beer.

Interesting post. Thanx,

Margi Cintrano

Last edited:
Easy, peasy.

Hot Dog/Brat Kabobs

hot dogs or brats cut in about 1" pieces
green peppers & onions -- cut in about 1" pieces
Barbecue sauce - your favorite
Cheese -- Cheddar, American, etc, sliced
Hot dog buns -- split (& toasted, if desired)

Preheat greased grill to medium heat. Using long skewers, (two, side by side, for each kabob) thread wieners or brats alternately with vegetables on skewers.

Grill 10 min. or until wieners or brats are heated through and vegetables are crisp-tender, turning and brushing occasionally with barbecue sauce.

Place cheese in buns; fill with kabobs. Remove skewers.

Don't forget the mustard. :)

Serve with: Corn on the cob, baked beans, potato salad, macaroni salad, ice cream with grilled pineapple rings.

Adapted from Kraft:
"Hot Dog Kabobs recipe"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom