"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Outdoor Cooking Forum

Old 12-31-2006, 09:24 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

Nightjar...

1-800-Wall Mart....give them.....the devil!!!!!
Local Store Mgr also....

Old 01-07-2007, 04:36 PM   #12
Assistant Cook

re

i dont know if you have a cabellas near you but the cabellas in pa carry their charcoal year round also bought some this morning at giant food store

Old 09-21-2007, 03:22 PM   #13
Assistant Cook

You should be ok with Home Depot...they seem to keep it year round here in New Jersey.
Old 09-22-2007, 11:44 PM   #14
Senior Cook

Greg,

I'm really surprised that Wally World has dropped it for the winter. I just visited the Wally World in Cody, WY earlier this week, and they had a 2 bag special on Kingsford charcoal.

I also agree with Uncle Bob. Even if you find it somewhere else, call Wally World and let them know your displeasure. If they use the winter for an excuse, ask them what they think we have in Wyoming at this time of year. Tropical storms?? Trust me, I'm betting the winters are A LOT worse in Wyoming than they are in Connecticut! If they can have charcoal all year round out here, you should be able to have it too!
Old 09-22-2007, 11:53 PM   #15
Head Chef

My Ace hardware store carries 5 kinds of charcoal all year round.

Lee
Old 09-23-2007, 11:40 PM   #16
Assistant Cook

Briquettes sp?

Hi Garry,

I'm sure if the folks here were as serious about grilling as they are where you are then there wouldn't be a problem. Wally World only concerns itself with the bottom line and if they see no sales in the future they ditch the item like a hot potato. That's why you can buy winter clothes in fall but they get it out by the witer (go figure) I guess they're training us to buy when they say so.

Following others advise, I have indeed found them at Home Depot. I'm better knowing where to look. So when this winter rolls around, I won't be in any trouble at all.

Blessings to you and your folks, (and all of the folks who responded to this post).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfgar4 View Post
Greg,

I'm really surprised that Wally World has dropped it for the winter. I just visited the Wally World in Cody, WY earlier this week, and they had a 2 bag special on Kingsford charcoal.

I also agree with Uncle Bob. Even if you find it somewhere else, call Wally World and let them know your displeasure. If they use the winter for an excuse, ask them what they think we have in Wyoming at this time of year. Tropical storms?? Trust me, I'm betting the winters are A LOT worse in Wyoming than they are in Connecticut! If they can have charcoal all year round out here, you should be able to have it too!
Old 10-09-2007, 12:44 AM   #17
Senior Cook

Just picked up a two-pack of the Sam's Choice charcoal at Wal*Riech. Packaging that I hadn't seen before, but, hey! 36 pounds for $6!

At mine they always have charcoal year-round, but you've got to go into the "greenhouse" behind the garden/yard section.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:08 PM   #18
Master Chef

I can find it year-round (WalMart, Target, and grocery stores) - but they move it around depending on the season. You may have to ask where they have moved it.

Never had a time when I couldn't find it when I lived in Golden, CO, either ... even in the middle of winter ... I just had to ask where they had moved it if it wasn't where it was the last time I found it.
Old 10-13-2007, 07:35 AM   #19
Assistant Cook

Wal*Riech

Wal*Riech, now that's a new twist. Anyone who worked there as I have would appreciate that.

Greg
Old 11-09-2007, 07:05 AM   #20
Assistant Cook

Here in Canada... the 'Evil Empire' (wal & despot) haven't yet completely killed the smaller chain and independant hardware stores where customer service is a one on one affair, and they have these things year round. In fact if my local doesn't have lump charcoal on hand mid-winter, they will special order it for me--> arrives next afternoon.

So I guess my point is; do you have a true value or ace in your hood?

G.