"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Outdoor Cooking Forum
Old 05-22-2010, 07:09 PM   #21
Certified Pretend Chef
Well, I finally had an opportunity to make my first batch of ABTs.

I used a dozen jalapenos that I split. I cleaned out the seeds and ribs with a melon baller.

I mixed cream cheese and shredded cheddar with grated onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Spread some of this mix onto both halves of the peppers and laid a Lil Smokie on and put the halves together. Then I wrapped each stuffed pepper in a strip of bacon.

I fired up the grill and put some soaked hickory chips in to start smoking. Whey the smoke was going, I put the ABTs on the grill and had the grill going for about 2.5 hours at 275 F to 300 F.

They tasted really good. Not very spicy hot at all since I took out the seeds and ribs.

SO ate some but wanted the bacon to be crispier. I guess I'll have to crank up the heat at the end to crisp up the bacon.

Also, a lot of the cheese filling leaked out into the grill. I'm not sure if I had the peppers too full, or the grill too hot, or wrapped the peppers incorrectly.

Any thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00723.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	8121   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00728.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	8122  

"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 03:00 PM   #22
Senior Cook
I have never tried those TNT or ABT. Well, Thanks for the information. I'll try these dish if I will jump and slap my mama. :)

CookLikeJulia is offline   Reply With Quote