Need A TNT Recipe For ABTs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
Today is a beautiful day and I'm thinking the grill needs to get more use. Bouncing around the 'net, I was reminded of ABTs. These are just about the best things I have ever tasted - in my whole life - ever! I mean it. Really.

I've never made them but want to give it a try with my gas grill. I will experiment with smoking and keeping a low temperature so I can smoke them properly.

If you have a TNT recipe you can share, I'd appreciate it. Of course there are many available from a Google search.

Thanks in advance.

PS: I really like them. :pig:

They are jalapeno peppers stuffed with some variety of cream cheese and cheddar blend with seasonings and often some meat like pulled pork or sausage and wrapped with bacon and smoked.

ABT = Atomic Buffalo Turds.

As the saying goes, so good they'll make you jump up and slap yo mama!

Andy the few times I've made them I've stayed pretty basic....Jalapeno Pepper 1/2's ~~ Cream Cheese ~~Little Smokies ~~ Bacon wrapped ~~~ They go quickly!! ~~~ However, after each time I've made them..I've always said...Next time a better quality sausage...A good tasting pork sausage, cut to pieces about the same size as the little smoky sausages. I like your idea of mixing in a little cheddar with the cream cheese...Get cookin!!

Have Fun!

OH! I never told you what we do. Stuff whole jalapeno with cream cheese. Roll in egg wash and then in bread crumbs and fry. Never done 'em on the grill.

OH! I never told you what we do. Stuff whole jalapeno with cream cheese. Roll in egg wash and then in bread crumbs and fry. Never done 'em on the grill.

Yeah, we can buy those frozen at the supermarket. They're really good too but not the same.

They are jalapeno peppers stuffed with some variety of cream cheese and cheddar blend with seasonings and often some meat like pulled pork or sausage and wrapped with bacon and smoked.

ABT = Atomic Buffalo Turds.

As the saying goes, so good they'll make you jump up and slap yo mama!
When you first posted this thread I went to "help forum" and looked under "abbreviations" and found TNT but no ABT so I gave up. Now that I know I can assure you that I don't have a Tried N True recipe! ABT...ewww :LOL:
I have a favorite sausage though...it's white and called Johnsonville Bratwurst...found in where the hotdogs are. I like it much better than the fresh kind in the meat dept. You might want to use that in your recipe.

Here is my little contribution.....

1 brick philly cream cheese
1 tub chive philly cream cheese
4-5 green onion tops sliced thin
4-5 garlic cloves minced fine
some kind of mexican 4 cheese blend
sriracha

cut tops off and slice in two, remove seeds and ribs
mix all above put in zip lock bag
fill peppers and wrap with a good bacon

I usually don't use any kind of meat but on one occasion I have used shrimp and they turned out pretty good.

Last edited:
I Clean the seeds out and then soak them in water overnite, changing the water once.
I fill them with cream cheese and wrap bacon around them and do on the grill and somtimes in the oven.
I have also taken hot sausage -crumbled it up and saute it with some chopped onions, drain well and mix in cream cheese then stuff the peppers.

sorry no measurements just by eye. i put enough cream cheese in to bind it to hold

andy, i smoked a batch recently with so-so results.

i made mine simply, with just cream cheese or mozarella cheese inside. they came out ok, but were definitely missing something. i guess you really need the meat inside, like the traditional little smokies, or pulled pork.

i smoked them over a mix of hickory and apple for about 45 minutes at 275, then for another half hour at 300. the bacon didn't look done enough, hence the last half hour at higher temp. next time i'd do them at 300 for the full hour.

here's some pics.

ready for the smoker:

img4246j.jpg

smoking away above a coil of luganiga (thin italian sausage):

img4249l.jpg

the results:

img4252r.jpg

c'mon over, frank. there's still a few left. dw doesn't eat that much bacon, and my boy can only eat so many hot peppers.

and thanks, uncle bob.

...Next time a better quality sausage...A good tasting pork sausage, cut to pieces about the same size as the little smoky sausages...

Uncle Bob, how do you think these would taste with andouille in place of the Little Smokies?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom