"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Outdoor Cooking Forum

Old 10-09-2014, 12:50 PM   #11
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPCookin View Post
I do that too, but there is a distinct difference between grilling and broiling, even with a gas grill. I now have a large enough garage that I can keep the grill there in the winter and just open the garage door when I want to grill.

I wish that I had the photo my Mom took of me 5 or 6 years ago, grilling on the patio in my rain jacket with the rain pouring off me. I'm not as dedicated as some are, but I do have my moments.
Dedicated for sure it seems.
I have been known to use my weber charcoal grill for thanksgiving turkey.
But I usually clean and cover my gas grill for the winter.
Its under cover now but still outside the door. So some warm weather like today is when i will use it.
When its cold, forget about it.

Oh.....Grilling vs broiling. Agree about the difference. But I have some things that do very, very well in the oven and or broiler.
Ribs are one of those things.
Slow low bake, then make sauce with drippings and broil. Brushing sauce heavily on them under the broiler.
Quite good actually and my wife prefers this method over slow cooked smoked ribs in the smoker.