What's the first thing you're going to smoke when it's warm enough?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fairygirl69

Senior Cook
I'm dying to grill and smoke. But it's a little chilly yet in Ohio and we've just moved and need to get our house in order. As a way of pacifying my impatience I thought I'd ask the question: what is the first thing you're going to smoke or grill this season?

I bought a cryovac three-pack of baby back ribs at Costco Saturday. I just mixed up a new rub recipe. I plan on smoking some of them later this week along with a batch of potato salad, cole slaw and some BBQ beans.

Grilling isn't seasonal for me, but I've only used the smoker once this year so far, for bacon. My next smoke is probably going to be the pork butt I bought on sale this past winter, but I'm really looking forward to making burnt ends again. I've had burnt ends on the mind for a few weeks now.

Grilling and smoking are not seasonal for me either. I just cooked a Cuban style pork shoulder Saturday. Next will probably be Andouille and Tasso. I want to do another sirloin tip roast on the weber, using the rotisserie.

Andy, I know you don't want to "experiment" with a brisket. However, there is a long, indirect cooking method, using charcoal called the "snake". Coals are lined up on opposite sides of the kettle and "snaked" around part of the interior with the grate openings above each "snake". A pan is set in the center. Lit coals (8-10) are set at one end of each "snake, on opposite ends from each other. You can see what will happen with the unlit coals. Soaked wood chips are used for smoke.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom