Akorn Weekend

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Andy, have your heard of the "Snake Method"? I used a version of it last month for rotisserie chicken on the Weber.

I split the coals and wood chunks to opposite sides of the kettle and lit the coals from opposite ends. I used "Tumbleweeds" to start the coals. These are bundles of what looks like straw, that have been dipped in paraffin wax. The drip pan went between the coal lines, with some water. Birds came out very tasty.

Thanks CraigC. I have heard of the snake method but haven't tried it yet.

Baby Backs and ABT's on this morning.

img_1438946_0_24672d239ba07a0cd9e626050637df10.jpg

Andy, have your heard of the "Snake Method"? I used a version of it last month for rotisserie chicken on the Weber.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiGRbyg_zeI

I split the coals and wood chunks to opposite sides of the kettle and lit the coals from opposite ends. I used "Tumbleweeds" to start the coals. These are bundles of what looks like straw, that have been dipped in paraffin wax. The drip pan went between the coal lines, with some water. Birds came out very tasty.

And just when I thought I knew it all, you teach me something new.;):LOL:

Paymaster, you shout change your title to PitMaster, for you sure are one. The rest of you, keep discussing. I'm busily taking notes. This is a great discussion on maintaining temps, and coal distribution strategies.:mrgreen:

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Back
Top Bottom