Baby Backs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CraigC

Master Chef
I fired up the Horizon to smoke 6 racks of baby backs. They were marinated over night and I pulled them out of the fridge this morning to warm up. Patted them dry and applied a sweet rub. I'll let them go for a couple hours or so at about 200F to take on smoke, then foil and finish. Four will hit the freezer after being vacuum sealed. I figure I'm burning the pecan anyway, might as well fill the smoker. I'll post some pics later.

This is after two hours:
36788-albums1032-picture6274.jpg

Wrapped and back on to finish. At this time I put my beans on to get some smoke:
36788-albums1032-picture6272.jpg

Finished and ready to eat:
36788-albums1032-picture6276.jpg

Marinade and rub courtesy of the Apple City BBQuers.

Marinade ingredients for 2 slabs:
1-1/2 cups apple cider
3/4 cup cider vinegar
1/2 medium onion minced
1-1/2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp dried thyme

Rub Ingredients:
1/4 cup brown sugar (I used light)
4 tsp onion powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp dry mustard
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp dried thyme

Man those look gooooooood.....
Do you ever have a problem with the brown sugar melting
and making the ribs stick to the foil?

I've never had that happen as I use a little cider in the packets and the temp is below 225F.

This is after two hours:
36788-albums1032-picture6274.jpg

Wrapped and back on to finish. At this time I put my beans on to get some smoke:
36788-albums1032-picture6272.jpg

Finished and ready to eat:
36788-albums1032-picture6276.jpg

Marinade and rub courtesy of the Apple City BBQuers.

Marinade ingredients for 2 slabs:
1-1/2 cups apple cider
3/4 cup cider vinegar
1/2 medium onion minced
1-1/2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp dried thyme

Rub Ingredients:
1/4 cup brown sugar (I used light)
4 tsp onion powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp dry mustard
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp dried thyme
Omg ! Craig those look delicious ! Can you give the full directions and if I don't have a smoker is there another way to prepare them ? Thank you

Omg ! Craig those look delicious ! Can you give the full directions and if I don't have a smoker is there another way to prepare them ? Thank you

The ingredients for the marinade and rub are ok to post, but directions, word for word is a copyright infringement. Here is a link.

Apple City Baby Back Ribs Recipe from Shaun & Kelley Schnettgoecke

I wouldn't know where to begin for an alternate to a smoker, other than different methods for a BGE or Weber charcoal grill. Both can do a decent job, but nothing can compare to smoking with a pure wood burning pit for full flavor.

The ingredients for the marinade and rub are ok to post, but directions, word for word is a copyright infringement. Here is a link.

Apple City Baby Back Ribs Recipe from Shaun & Kelley Schnettgoecke

I wouldn't know where to begin for an alternate to a smoker, other than different methods for a BGE or Weber charcoal grill. Both can do a decent job, but nothing can compare to smoking with a pure wood burning pit for full flavor.
I just went to the link and I just joined Tastebook , looks real interesting , thanks again .

Craig, are you trying to make me a carnivore! I already eat probably more meat in a meal than I should. I need to eat veggies too. Those ribs look like something I could dive right into, head first with my mouth open.:LOL:

Just post some great veggie and fruit sides to go with them. Help me remain a true omnivore.:yum:

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Craig, are you trying to make me a carnivore! I already eat probably more meat in a meal than I should. I need to eat veggies too. Those ribs look like something I could dive right into, head first with my mouth open.:LOL:

Just post some great veggie and fruit sides to go with them. Help me remain a true omnivore.:yum:

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

How dare you!:ohmy: I'm a proud member of PETA!:angel::ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom