BabyBacks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why, those look good enough to eat! What's your address. Oh, wait. You're so far away from here. All I can say is that those are some good lookin' ribs.

And Princess, a Webber Kettle is a great grill for smoking. I just place sticks of maple, apple, or birch on top of two seperate piles of charcoal, on opposite sides of the grill. This generates the heat and protects the meat from the direct heat of the charcoal. I close all vents to the half open position, put a meat thermometer into whatever I'm cooking, and check it every half hour or so. I add more wood as needed. In addition to ribs, you gotta smoke a turkey on your Webber. It's an amazing thing, so juicy and smoky. Just make the divided bed of coals, put the soaked wood on top, rub the turkey with oil and lightly salt. Make a drip pan out of heavy-duty aluminum foil and fill half way with water, after placing between the charcoal beds. Place the turkey over the drip pan, cover, half close the vents, and let it smoke for about 12 minutes per pound. Remove when the meat thermometer reads 155' F. You will be the neighborhood star.

40, how come you don't live up her in the North, where I can come and knock on your door when you're making those ribs?:LOL: But then again, I've got my own secret ribs recipe, but I like to use spare ribs or country style ribs rather than baby back. They have more meat on them.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Thanks for the tips GW, I think I may do a traditional smoked turkey for Thanksgiving this year!

GW I truly appreciate the invitation of moving "up north" but I'll have to pass. I belong here. Anyhow I'd probably freeze to death if I ventured too far north of I-10.

You have a standing invitation to a baby back rib dinner with all the trimmings if you find yourself down here in The Lone Star State. This reminds me of a story...

"And on the 8th Day God Created Texas"

Michael, the Archangel and God were talking. God smiled deeply and proudly pointed downwards through the clouds, "Look, Michael. Look what I've made."

Archangel Michael looked puzzled, and said, "What is it?"

"That's Texas , the most glorious place on earth. There are
beautiful mountains, rivers and streams, lakes, forests, hills, and
plains. The people from Texas are going to be handsome, modest,
intelligent, and humorous. They will be extremely sociable, hardworking, high achieving, and producers of good and important things." :)

GW I truly appreciate the invitation of moving "up north" but I'll have to pass. I belong here. Anyhow I'd probably freeze to death if I ventured too far north of I-10.

You have a standing invitation to a baby back rib dinner with all the trimmings if you find yourself down here in The Lone Star State. This reminds me of a story...

Michael, the Archangel and God were talking. God smiled deeply and proudly pointed downwards through the clouds, "Look, Michael. Look what I've made."

intelligent, and humorous. They will be extremely sociable, hardworking, high achieving, and producers of good and important things." :)

Though I enjoy throwing a friendly jab at my Texan friends, I have to say that two of my best friends while in the military, were Texans. One taught me the subtleties of riding a horse, while the other taught me how to clean my sharpening stones.

Alas, you might freeze here in the U.P. Without Lake Superior at my doorstop, I'd not have enough fresh water to quench my thirst, and the Texas heat would surely roast me. And believe me, that wouldn't be good eating.:ROFLMAO:

Besides, I saw signs about the Texas state bird, you know, the horsefly, the ones as big as barns. True, we have enough mosquitoes around her in summer to pick a strong man from the ground and deposit him, without blood, thirty paces from where he was lifted. Yeh, and we have horse flies, deer flies, no-see-ems, ticks, black flies, assorted hornets, wasps, and bees, and a few other biting, stinging insects.

True story, I heard a news report on the radio one night telling the story of a dangerous robber, who escaped the police. Before they could bring the dogs to the heavy U.P. forests, the man came from the woods, arms flailing, calling desperately, "I give up. Just get me away from these *%# bugs."

Also, we have black bears, the occasional cougar, moose (the most dangerous animal in the woods during rutting season) wolves, and coyotes that roam our forests. Prisoners who spend time in our prisons are afraid to leave the safety of the prisons. We swim in 60 degree water in during the summer. We take saunas, then jump out into snowbanks with just our swimsuits on, and roll around to cool down. I used to take the top of my judo-gi off, and stand barefoot, and bare-chested in the snow, and let the winter air cool me down.

But temperatures over 90 start me melting. It's not pretty.:ROFLMAO:

So my friend, I will have to drool at your pictures.

Ahh, but I have premium, home made split pea soup, and two apple pies I made from scratch for a pot luck tomorrow. I don't know who will be bring what, but I know that my pies have caramel in them, and a flaky crust with fresh apples that I peeled and sliced (10 lbs. worth) for the fillings. Looking forward to the pot luck after church tomorrow.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

see, I knew I would like you, .40! those are some bodacious-looking ribs.

Your story reminds me of some song lyrics by another valuable Texan:

..and the women all are beautiful
and the men will buy your beer for free...
...that's right you're not from Texas
Texas wants you anyway!

Back
Top Bottom