Bacon Weave

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
pacanis said:
Ya got that right!
Heck I remember years ago, at deer camp, we were all responsible for one meal or food item. I brought my best friend with me for the first (and last) time and he brought SIZZLEAN! I can still hear everyone "commenting" while sitting around the tables that first breakfast... Within the hour someone was headed into town for large quantities of real BACON :LOL:
I have no idea what he was thinking, Just because he liked it :ermm:

Hmm. I may try braiding celery, or thinly sliced zucchini. Oh, who am I kidding? The pig RULES! Turkey bacon is an oxymoron. Turkey doesn"t even have bacon parts.

Last edited:
Can they be cooked separately and assembled just before serving?

Well, the bacon does shrunk as it cooks and close up around the appendages, holding them in. And it would be harder to poke a fingerhole and insert the pieces. I have used a paring knife before though to get them started... yes, it could be done. You would really want or need a good presentation (IMO) to want to assemble it like that though.
But that's a good idea and probably the best way to go.

exactly when did the bacon weaving suddenly take a bizarre turn and become a sausage and bacon tortoise in your mind's eye, pac? anyhow, it's pure genius, pac. you come up with some buck projects when you're on. you and your turtle put a big goofy smile on my face, and brightened my day - thanks.... :)

exactly when did the bacon weaving suddenly take a bizarre turn and become a sausage and bacon tortoise in your mind's eye, pac? anyhow, it's pure genius, pac. you come up with some buck projects when you're on. you and your turtle put a big goofy smile on my face, and brightened my day - thanks.... :)

Boy I wish I could come up with brilliant ideas like that :LOL:
I think one of my doggie friends sent me a picture of one, so of course I had to try it... numerous times :pig:

Boy I wish I could come up with brilliant ideas like that :LOL:
I think one of my doggie friends sent me a picture of one, so of course I had to try it... numerous times :pig:

did you eat bacon-back turtle yet? you and the patchwork tortoise were great sunday entertainment, pac. say, those good looking bacon slices weren't from your sale were they? maybe for your next bacon weave, you could fashion a summer diving raft? using the hot dogs as logs under the raft's woven platform? not as cute as a turtle of course....:)

No way those uniform slices were from that sale bacon, lol. That stuff is worth *every bit* of $2/lb :wacko: It tastes fine though. And makes a lot of bacon grease. I need some more grease for the fridge, I'm running low. Heck, I couldn't even get the sale bacon to wrap around an ABT without tearing. I ended up making a mad dash to the store and the bacon I got was on sale, too! $4/lb for Sugardale and you can see how uniform they are. I bought four packages, used two and will buy some more before the sale ends :)

We need a fun with bacon challenge. You've got some good ideas there ;)

Pac, I wonder if changing the shape of the fatty so it's smaller (not as fat) so it would cook faster may help with the burned legs.

Pac, I wonder if changing the shape of the fatty so it's smaller (not as fat) so it would cook faster may help with the burned legs.

A thinner burger wouldn't help the bacon cook faster. That's where the problem lies. Plus... it needs to be somewhat thick in order to accept the legs, head and tail and still maintain proportions to the red-eared slider ;)

Attachments

• RedEaredSliderWHTTu_DcRs59.jpg
    RedEaredSliderWHTTu_DcRs59.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 775
Hey, Frank. Thanks for the karma on this! I just noticed and couldn't find a way to leave you a profile comment...
Appreciate it!

Back
Top Bottom