BBQ Ribs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Uncle Bob

Chef Extraordinaire
BBQ RIBS

Remove the membrane from the bone side of the ribs. Trim as needed. Wash with vinegar. Slather on a thin coat of mustard... Liberally apply rub to both sides of ribs....Refrigerate for several hours or overnight....Fire up your cooker, and stabilize the temperature around 225*....Remove the ribs from the refrigerator, and sprinkle on more rub...Take them to the cooker and slowly BBQ until the meat pulls back on the bone... around 5-7 hours for Spares and St Louis Cut, less for Loin back, aka baby backs. After the half way point of cooking (2 1/2-3 1/2 hours) baste the ribs every 30 minutes or so with a mixture of Chicken Stock, some bacon fat, several shots of Worcestershire Sauce, and a couple of tablespoons of your rub. Flavor the ribs with your favorite flavoring wood during the first half of cooking. I like mostly oak with hickory. When they are done remove from the fire and let them rest for 10-15 minutes. Slice into serving pieces and serve with your favorite sauce and sides.

Thanks Lifesaver --- Labor Day is just around the corner too --- I'm thinking ribs!!!

Good thought.... mine are on the grill as we speak.... St.Louis style racks. The breeze is carrying the smoke throughout the house. Not a favorite thing for my wife, but I think it's a fabulous room scent.... ;)

I may have to pop in a couple of photos when they get going a bit. I know that my method is not quite what you would approve of, as I don't have a smoker, just a Weber gas grill, but I still smoke 'em up good after rubbin' them down, and I haven't gotten any complaints.

Speaking of which, I better go check on the temp... :chef:

This is 2 hours into the process:

img_849108_0_81844fa44f91193bef6cfa910fc09230.jpg

Back
Top Bottom