"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Outdoor Cooking Forum > BBQ & Smokin' Meats

Old 07-30-2014, 03:05 PM   #11
Assistant Cook

I have The Masterbuilt 30 inch electric Smoker with the window in the door and I love it, so do the neighbours! Of all the smokers out there, electric is the easiest to use, mostly a set and forget type of smoker. That being said, every hour to hour and half, you need to add chips to the smoker and masterbuilt provides you with an easy way to that. If you head over to YouTube and enter the Masterbuilt name into the search engine there, you will see just how easy this is. Thus, you have lots of beer drinking times with your friends when using one of these.

Old 08-27-2014, 09:52 PM   #12
Assistant Cook

I bought a masterbuilt 30" electric this year to get myself back into smoking. I like it, but feel that I have already "out grown" it. I don't know if that is more a product of how I escalate things or of the lack of versatility in the unit.

Truth is, I have made some great bbq in this, but for example, I don't feel like I can't really get a good smoke ring on brisket or pork butt without putting chips in every 45min or so until the meat is about 160F degrees. I also don't like that the masterbuilt max temp is 275F, which hurts it's versatility, imo.

If I had it to do over again, I'd save up and get a BGE, which I have fallen in love with. I might even trade by weber propane for that...

Old 08-28-2014, 04:49 PM   #13
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamajamma21 View Post

If I had it to do over again, I'd save up and get a BGE, which I have fallen in love with. I might even trade by weber propane for that...
Or build yourself an UDS...
Old 08-28-2014, 05:37 PM   #14
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamajamma21 View Post
Love my large Egg and my Horizon, offset stick burner.

Tags
electric