Fattie Morn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Paymaster

Sous Chef
I am doing 6 fatties and 2 Armadillo Eggs for friends this morning. :chef:

img_1447942_0_434258a24ee0f1f94a9f0ffb63fbde73.jpg

img_1447942_1_6f9e2ffe19e78074461eab16e076eda7.jpg

What are fatties? They look great, but ...

They are sausage (think Jimmy Dean tube) that is flattened out filled with stuffing of some type, rolled up, wrapped in bacon and smoked. Sorta like a stuffed meat loaf. They can also be made from bulk sausage made at home. I might try making one the next time we make a batch of andouille.

Last edited:
They are sausage (think Jimmy Dean tube) that is flattened out filled with stuffing of some type, rolled up, wrapped in bacon and smoked. Sorta like a stuffed meat loaf. They can also be made from bulk sausage made at home. I might try making one the next time we make a batch of andouille.

This^^^ I use a one pound chub of Tennessee Pride hot breakfast sausage most times. But, any can be used. They can be filled with most anything, from cheese to fruit.

You're way too modest Pay. Yours are absolute art on the grill. Give us the secret about how the bacon holds on to the chub on the down side?

Thanks!
No secret. I use 10 strips of bacon on each fattie. The bacon sticks to itself pretty good. I set the fattie on the grate on the overlap and the heat from cooking fuses it all together. I will roll the fattie over at some point to get some color and heat to the bottom. Using a heat diffuser in my cooker keeps the meat from scorching on the bottom. So you need to turn the fatties over for a while to get the color consistent over the whole thing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom