Fatties

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks Taxlady.
I just picked up some of the ingredients this morning for a different kind of fatty, one which will require smoking at a much lower temp. I am hoping I can get by with using just a small amount of charcoal to help me smoke at the lower temp. Maybe six pieces or so.

Thanks Taxlady.
I just picked up some of the ingredients this morning for a different kind of fatty, one which will require smoking at a much lower temp. I am hoping I can get by with using just a small amount of charcoal to help me smoke at the lower temp. Maybe six pieces or so.

What type of smoker are you using? You should control your temps with your vents, not the amount of charcoal. What type of fatty are you cooking that needs lower temps? Sounds interesting!

Fatties are fantastic. My favorites are french toast & syrup, and I modified a beef wellington recipe and made a fattie. It was a big hit.
img_989921_0_3f35a20203f55f45ddd2899f798e15f4.jpg

img_989921_1_696ed0e46c67b0ae73d66c069e21507c.jpg

Last edited:
I use a WSM, chevelle. It was leaking a little smoke around the side door (which I guess is common when they start aging) my last smoke. I had the vents closed and the top vent most of the way closed and it was still running a bit hot. I need to find a hi-temp gasket regardless to fix the problem, but I will use less lit fuel, too. I need to get down to 160F.
And if it turns out, I'll tell you what kind it is.
If it doesn't, it will be kept a well guarded secret :angel:

This is an old thread, Addie. I'm sure Fi has gotten rid of those leaves by now :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom