Fish BBQ

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TanyaK

Senior Cook
What type of fish do you usually bbq? We usually bbq snoek,angelfish or tuna but DH barbequed normal hake on Thursday and it came out great - who would have thought?

I attached the photo of the fish but instead my profile photo came up - anyone know what I did wrong? I'm feeling a bit technology challenged today :)

I usually do Salmon, and Tuna. I have also done tilapia, catfish, shark, cod, and a few others with success. Oh! and swordfish..one of my favorites!! Yum!

Here's the photo I tried to attach earlier

Attachments

• 00002.jpg
    00002.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 224
Swordfish and Tilapia are sure fire. Swordfish is more robust and tilapia is lighter which does better with a sweet sauce. Swordfish is good with a heavier sauce but does well with lighter sauces too.

Smokey fish tastes great!

I usually do Salmon, and Tuna. I have also done tilapia, catfish, shark, cod, and a few others with success. Oh! and swordfish..one of my favorites!! Yum!
Bob, you hint at what I believe: just about any fish can have its flavor
enhanced by a little smoke flavor. I still am very careful not to overdo
either the smoke or the cooking time. Fish should never be over-done.
Well, unless you want to "jerk" it.:mellow:

I won't grill (BBQ for the original poster) any fish that is extremely flaky in texture, such as walleye, lake perch, cod, or sole. Tilapia is borderline for me.

However, catfish, swordfish, halibut, tuna, kajiki, opah, mong chong, grouper, and barramundi I will grill.

I won't grill (BBQ for the original poster) any fish that is extremely flaky in texture, such as walleye, lake perch, cod, or sole. Tilapia is borderline for me. However, catfish, swordfish, halibut, tuna, kajiki, opah, mong chong, grouper, and barramundi I will grill.
Hmmm, now Cod I like smoked. Any of the mackeral family is great smoked or grilled. How do you get Barramundi in Oklahoma? I only know them in Australia. They are a great fighter and a great eating fish.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom