How to Grill in Sault Ste. Marie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
To successfully grill in Sault Ste. Marie, you first have to understand that before you can light the fire, you have to get to the grill. The following pictures will tell the tale better than I can in words.:cool:

Mother Nature dropped 12 inches of fresh snow on us last night. But for someone who wants a grilled steak, it's all in a day's work.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Attachments

• Argh_My Grill March 3 2012.jpg
    Argh_My Grill March 3 2012.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 247
  • After Shoveling March 3 2012.jpg
    After Shoveling March 3 2012.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 264
  • Grillin in March-2012.jpg
    Grillin in March-2012.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 267
  • It Looks So Lonely March 3 2012.jpg
    It Looks So Lonely March 3 2012.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 220
  • That's a Steak March 2012.jpg
    That's a Steak March 2012.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 241
  • Grillin Steaks in March 2012.jpg
    Grillin Steaks in March 2012.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 242
Last edited:
Just wait until next year, when I have two of my grandkids visiting. We will be making our outdoor fort, complete with snow chairs, snow beds, and a snow dining table from which we will sip hot cocoa from our warm mugs. There is nothing quite like eating or drinking hot food from a snow table. It's something that everyone should get to experience.

You should have seen some of the kooky ways we heated food while ice fishing, as a teen with my best buds. Sometimes it got very primitive, but always tasted great, and helped warm us up.

My biggest meal ever came after a day long snowmobile safari with a club my parents belonged to. I was eighteen at the time, and weighed less than 100 lbs. 3 plates of beans coupled with 19 hot dogs were eaten in one sitting, with a big mug of hot cocoa of course.

A day in the cold, working, sure builds up your teenage appetite.:LOL:

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I can feel the heat from the grill in the last shot. Great pics and great food.

:chef: extraordinaire!

nice job, chief!! now that's dedication!

how about some winter grilled pork tenderloins:

grillinginwinter4uy.jpg

not as much snow, though.

Now ya got me wanting snow so I can go out and use the grill.... This late in the season I suppose it will be next year before I get my snow and can grill.

I'm curious how far from your door was the grill? I appears to be a significant distance.

I keep my grill about two feet from the back slider on the deck. I can stand in my dining room and grill through the open door.

you guys are demented.

"Sittin' on a hill in Escondido
Just waistin' my time
With a bag full of avacodoes
and a bottle full of wine"

Chrous from a vinyl LP that we have from when KGB radio (101.5FM) called Home-Grown, that featured local artist songs.

No snow in Escondido. not many avacodo trees anymore, from what I hear.

I lived in the San Diego area for about twelve years. I lived on Coranado Island, San Diego, El Cajon, Santee, and Lakeside at various times.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind fo the North

We keep our BBQ in the saw mill shed...it is out of the snow and we grill year around.

A lot of folks are doing that now. Sure saves on electricity or gas for the home. And if you live near a wooded area, it makes sense to have a wood/charcoal BBQ grill. :yum:

Back
Top Bottom