I give to you... Fish Fatty

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No, No...Soylent Green is People!!

We had a thread last year, where one of our DC members was going to an SF party, or something like that, and was taking food. He wanted to know how to make something that would be like eating Soylent Green. I did a bit of research and with the help of some other DC wizards, found that cannibals used to refer to their victims as long pigs. Evidently, people taste like pork, or so it would seem. So, I whipped up a recipe, using pork, green food dye, and flour to make a Soylent Green type pattie for the man. I thought it was a both fun and disturbing at the same time. Maybe that ought to be our next DC Challenge, to make edible Soylent Green, or at least Sci-fi foods.:LOL:

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North
Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

We had a thread last year, where one of our DC members was going to an SF party, or something like that, and was taking food. He wanted to know how to make something that would be like eating Soylent Green. I did a bit of research and with the help of some other DC wizards, found that cannibals used to refer to their victims as long pigs. Evidently, people taste like pork, or so it would seem. So, I whipped up a recipe, using pork, green food dye, and flour to make a Soylent Green type pattie for the man. I thought it was a both fun and disturbing at the same time. Maybe that ought to be our next DC Challenge, to make edible Soylent Green, or at least Sci-fi foods.:LOL:

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North
Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

We would end up with another version of the Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster.:ROFLMAO: But it would be fun.

Sci-Fi foods... Luca could use those metal cutters he got and make the colored cubes and triangles they were always eating on Star Trek.

I am glad that people taste like pork!

Everything else in the world, it seems, tastes like chicken!

Who you callin, Fatty?

Last edited:
Yeah, that could be taken so many wrong ways... uhh, not that there's anything wrong with that ;)

We know you just wanted to say BACON!

pacanis said:
Yeah, that could be taken so many wrong ways... uhh, not that there's anything wrong with that ;)

We know you just wanted to say BACON!

Mebbe, mebbe not. Who are we to question? We love Kevin Bacon! Seven degrees!

Last edited:
Back to what is Breen?
I guess that was too obscure of a reference.....:wacko:

In the SiFi world of Babylon 5, breen is a Narn dish made famous by the charcter G'Kar...

Na'Kal: Breen! You've managed to import breen from Homeworld! How?
G'Kar: It, uh - isn't actually breen.
Na'Kal: The smell! The taste...
G'Kar: It's an Earth food. They are called Swedish meatballs. It's a strange thing, but every sentient race has its own version of these Swedish meatballs! I suspect it's one of those great universal mysteries which will either never be explained, or which would drive you mad if you ever learned the truth.

The whole Swedish meatball thing become sort if a running joke through line in the series and the movies....

Back
Top Bottom