Memorial Day Weekend Coming Up!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The first thing to come off the smoker today.

Tasso

36788-albums1083-picture6908.jpg

The first batch of Andouille is on.

I see mine, Craig...what is everyone else having?

If you can eat tasso straight up, even rinsing off the spice, you'd probably have the respect and awe of all the folks in Cajun country.:ohmy: Tasso is something used as an ingredient and not something you put some Creole mustard on and eat as an appi.:D

We've been busy working on the yard, so no big shindig. I ended up doing skin on chicken late last night. Simple oil and rub with beans on the side. Wife thought it was the best ever.

Tonight is jalapeño brats and cucumber salad. If I can pull myself out of my chair.

Oh man, that looks good. A little andouille, a little mustard, a hunk of crusty bread, an iced tea, and I'm all set.

That's a huge beautiful bounty Craig! I'm curious about the amounts you normally cook. Do you freeze it all for later use or ????

We vacu-bag it and freeze. We usually make 2 batches a year. When he fires up the Horizon smoker with wood, it's more cost effective to make large batches. And it's not such a chore now that we have the LEM grinder and stuffer. It took less than 30 minutes to grind 25 pounds of pork and that included bagging it in 5 pound bags and taking the bags to the porch fridge. It would have taken a lot longer with the KA since it is much slower and we would have had to stop to let it cool down.

Back
Top Bottom