Memorial Day Weekend Coming Up!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kabobs sound yummy. Probably go that direction. I'm taking three days off to get some stuff done around the house. Including sitting under a shade tree with a cold drink.

Memorial Day Monday turned out to be the day we can get together. Sadly, it's also the day with 80% probability of rain. I'm not going to do a cookout. Now I have to come up with something to make for our Holiday (and eldest daughter's birthday) meal.

Having local family over for a cookout. Not exactly sure of the menu yet. It's going to be a hot day, but the back yard and patio are shaded by early afternoon so it'll be fine.. :chef::)

Last edited:
Sounds good! You really don't need an excuse to make pulled pork.

I have a butt in the freezer and waiting for some more reliable weather so I can smoke it.

Are you using hickory?

My Big Green Egg got delivered today so I plan to give it a workout this weekend!!

Jenny if it came unassembled, when you tighten the bands on the dome and fuel chamber, make sure the ends where the bolts are bend out! If you don't the dome can fall out when opened at high temps. I found out the hard way.:(

Jenny if it came unassembled, when you tighten the bands on the dome and fuel chamber, make sure the ends where the bolts are bend out! If you don't the dome can fall out when opened at high temps. I found out the hard way.:(

YIKES!

The guys from the dealer set it up for us but I will make sure before I use it.

THANKS!

Have fun with your egg, jenny!

Like Andy mentioned, sounds like a pretty wet weekend up this way. Since we're retired, we can celebrate whenever. Same goes for my SIL and her hubby, since he said bu-bye to his job a year ago when he turned 66. I'm thinking of checking to see if they want to come over on Tuesday, since the weather will be almost nice and it IS the traditional Memorial Day - May 30th.

I am under the impression that youre not supposed to use it at high heat the first time out, so Im going to make some pulled pork!:pig:

Those eggs make a lot of heat with a little fuel, so go easy on the charcoal.

I agree with your choice of a pork butt for a first cook. They are very forgiving. A BGE is very different from other charcoal cookers, so there will probably be a learning curve. I'd hold off on the prime rib for now. ;)

CD

Back
Top Bottom