Rib roast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can't help you there. IMO, a rib roast is a tender cut that really doesn't need low and slow to break it down for tenderness. If you're looking for smoke flavor, maybe a couple hours of cold smoke and then roast it off.

I was thinking starting at 450 for 20 minutes then 325 for the rest. How does rubing the roast with worchestire then a montreal rub, smoked with apple? What do you think?

Thanks

Those temps are in the range of roasting. Now I will roast over hardwood. As far as seasoning, I wouldn't go any more than S&P. Thats just me though. I do a Cuban style pork roast in that temp range as well.

I like a half and half mixture of Montreal Chicken and Montreal Steak for a rib roast.

I did a big venison roast on my smoker and wrapped it in bacon first.I discarded the bacon after.

My goto seasoning for rib roast is heavy salt and pepper, crushed garlic and fresh Rosemary.

We roast a rib roast on our Traeger sort like red dog 8021.
Stuff with about 10 cloves of garlic, apply Mediterranean Sea Salt, fresh ground pepper. Roast for twenty minutes at 425, reduce temperature to 200 until internal temperature of 130 is reach. Pull, tent foil for 20 minutes and slice.

Looks like this
img_1165169_0_d9c5e5d71cf62bd627668cb94ef3c526.jpg

Last edited:
Stuff with about 10 cloves of garlic, apply Mediterranean Sea Salt, fresh ground pepper. Roast for twenty minutes at 425, reduce temperature to 200 until internal temperature of 130 is reach. Pull, tent foil for 20 minutes and slice.

Looks like this
img_1165176_0_d9c5e5d71cf62bd627668cb94ef3c526.jpg
That truly is a thing of beauty. :pig:

Savannahsmoker said:

Looks like this

Oh my. I could bathe in that, SS. And every so often, take a few bites.

Yummmm!!

Looks like this
img_1181736_0_d9c5e5d71cf62bd627668cb94ef3c526.jpg

That looks lovely :yum:

Back
Top Bottom