Sat. May 14th. What are you Qing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pacanis

Chef Extraordinaire
I put a pork butt on the WSM at 6:30. I'll probably make something up for the top rack later today.

Attachments

• pork butt1.jpg
    pork butt1.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 263
  • WSM May 2011.jpg
    WSM May 2011.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 246
I put a pork butt on the WSM at 6:30. I'll probably make something up for the top rack later today.

Looks good! Is this to be sliced or pulled? I've got some pulled in the freezer. I'm going to try subing it for chicked in a SW eggroll recipe.

Craig

Thanks Craig.
I'm going to pull it, eat as much as I can, give some away and freeze the rest in batches like you said. I like it in chili. I was thinking of trying some pulled pork pressed Cubans, too.

we have cool drizzle here with showers likely. this is a chili day...3 beans (pinto, black, and black eye pea) with corn and hominy, mixed ground meats, chipotle and smoked habanero...with a dark beer for depth.

I've never cooked chili on the BBQ, Robo, but I plan on putting on some baked beans later.

I've never cooked chili on the BBQ, Robo, but I plan on putting on some baked beans later.

:):ROFLMAO::) I have taken some brisket and made Texas style chili with it. Beans don't belong in chili!;)

Craig

:):ROFLMAO::) I have taken some brisket and made Texas style chili with it. Beans don't belong in chili!;)

Craig

Oh yeah! Brisket is great in chili, too.
I used to put beans in my chili, but kind of like it without now. I'm not opposed to beans, I just stopped using them some time back for some reason and don't miss them.

It's today's BBQ thread, MSM, that's why it's under the BBQ forum. :)

Don't get me wrong, I make "chili" with beans, but they are the main ingredient, no meat. Well fresh toasted and ground cumin plays a big part.

BTW, we are heading into our rainy season, so Q'ing will be a dodge the thunderstorm endeavor. Usually doesn't stop me, except my patio umbrella got trashed and I haven't replaced it yet.

Craig

If I didn't have this side porch I'd build a little gazebo type thing so I could BBQ year round. We don't get hurricanes up here, but no way an umbrella would last with the winds we get.

Thanks Roadfix.
It could turn into the leftovers thread, too... given time... that's a lotta butt :)

Chimichitos is a great idea L2Q. Why didn't I think of that ;)
It's good to see another BBQer on here.

Kades, this is a thread about what anyone happens to be BBQing today. That's why it's in the BBQ forum and not the forum the dinner threads are in, like I used yesterday.

I put the beans and a few stuffed mushrooms on already. If it hit a stall, it musta been a quick one. I'm at 175F already. Unless it's going to be a late stall... and I don't want that, but it is what it is. The butt's a little hazy from the smoke.

Attachments

• pork butt2.jpg
    pork butt2.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 216
  • beans & shrooms1.jpg
    beans & shrooms1.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 259
I almost bought some frozen meatballs when I was at the store...
Those are mushrooms that L2Q came up with. They have cream cheese and a slice of jarred jalapeño for the stuffing.

OMG... this is such a drool-worthy thread! I don't know how to bbq, I just use my grill to grill, but pulled pork is possibly my favorite dish! I like it sauced with a mustardy-bbq sauce or just dry sprinkled with a little vinegar.

Back
Top Bottom