Skirt Steak

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I read in a cookbook that true fajitas are make with SMOKED, not GRILLED, skirt or flank steak. I've been meaning to try this, but haven't gotten around to it.

Looking through a lot of posts, and many of them that I have read thus far are above my head. But Skirt is something that I cook and enjoy often. Since I didn't see this version I thought I'd try to add to the forum.

Very simple. In fact idiot proof, which is why I can do it.

I get my grill as hot as I can, prefer charcoal over gas. Bring the skirts to room temp. Just before I put them on I baste side 'A' with soy sauce. Then place side 'A' down on the grill. Baste side 'B' and close the grill for about 2 minutes. Flip the steaks and lightly baste side 'A' again, close the grill for 3 minutes and they are done the way I like them... Rare!!

I usually do some grilled red onions and red and yellow peppers on the other grill for a side.

I think skirt is one of the best cuts of meat out there. I know this "recipe" is simplistic but give it a try, makes for a fast dinner.

Matt

AH,
Thanks for sharing your recipe with us. It sounds delicious and will be a Ma's Sunday dinner very soon...
kadesma

I have a recipe for skirt steak that I love, it sounds over the top, but it really compliments the steak nicely. You say Uncle Juilos... you in Texas??? I LOVE Uncle Js!!!! PM if you would like the recipe!
i love skirt steak. i cook in a smoking hot cast iron pan. i have love that you can cook it till there is a nice brown crust without it being over done in the middle due to it's denseness of mucle. it always comes out a perfect medium and juicy. i only season with salt, pepper, onion and galic powder.

i really want to go to breezy's bistro!! :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom