Sunday Night Special

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

candelbc

Senior Cook
I finally am home on a weekend in the summer to enjoy my CharGriller again. So here's what's "resting" on the CharGriller right now:

• 8 Pound Pork Butt for Carolina Pulled Pork
  • 1 Rack of Pork Ribs
  • 1 Pork Tenderloin - Used for Sandwiches later in the week
  • 1 Full Salmon Fillet
I'll let you know how it all goes!
-Brad

Actually, everything turned out perfect.. As with any good smoking event, I ended up having people stop over for dinner, and I completely forgot that I had posted this message.

Actually, things went perfect. The Pork Shoulder fell apart as I prefer and required very little pulling.

I sliced up the tenderloin for sandwiches.. It dry rub I used is very spicy, so it makes for a good sandwich. I was without BBQ sauce at work, but I tried a Mayonaise packet, and actually found myself to really like it. I guess that's the start of a "White BBQ Sauce"

I can't speak for the salmon, but Sarah said she loved it. So, in my mind.. That worked!

Lastly, the Ribs. As I had hoped, they were falling off of the bone. I like my ribs to be a little more dry than most people, so they got a pretty healthy dose of heat during the day.

All in all, we had fresh Sweetcorn, a Pasta salad, and all the meat and fish we wanted.

What a perfect Sunday!

-Brad

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom