Weekend Cookin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Paymaster

Sous Chef
Did another cook for co-workers and some chicken for us. Brisket, pastrami, wings, ABTs and fatties went to work this morning.

My plate last night!

Last edited by a moderator:
Forgot to add that I did all on my Akorn and it ran 23 consecutive hours on one load of lump and chunks. Pretty cool deal!:chef:

Looks delish! :yum:

What are ABT and fatties? (This seems to be largely a US based forum and some foods don't translate well for other countries - I am in UK).

What are ABT and fatties? (This seems to be largely a US based forum and some foods don't translate well for other countries - I am in UK).
Both are essentially bacon-wrapped delights. In the case of ABTs, the phrase behind the abbreviation might be somewhat off-putting, but the tastiness makes up for it.

ABT: Smoked Atomic Buffalo Turd Jalapeno Poppers (aka - A.B.T.)

Fatty: Buffalo Chicken BBQ Fatty - Bacon Explosion Recipe

Oh, and those photos are making me hungry!

Last edited:

ABT = Atomic Buffalo Turd. It is a jalapeno usually cut in 1/2, stuffed with goodies, wrapped in bacon and smoked.

Fattie = Bulk breakfast sausage, stuffed with goodies, wrapped in a bacon lattice and smoked.

IMO, there is a point that reaches a level of over kill. Smoking almost everything in a meal is one of them.;) No one I have cooked for would enjoy that.

Thanks for the explanations - appreciated.

I tend to avoid smoked food as much as I can since it has long been linked to being carcinogenic i.e. causing cancer.

Last edited:

I tend to avoid smoked food as much as I can since it has long been linked to being carcinogenic i.e. causing cancer.

LOL, if you believe everything they tell you can cause cancer, then you better start learning to live without breathing, because it can cause cancer.;)

LOL, if you believe everything they tell you can cause cancer, then you better start learning to live without breathing, because it can cause cancer.;)
I expected that reaction. There is a long history of this carcinogenic link with smoked meat but I understand the resistance to it....I don't want to believe it either. However, the evidence has not been disputed yet.....

IMO, there is a point that reaches a level of over kill. Smoking almost everything in a meal is one of them.;) No one I have cooked for would enjoy that.

My apologies, but there is a typo in the OP. I meant to say Co-Workers. There were five families I cooked for.:chef:

I expected that reaction. There is a long history of this carcinogenic link with smoked meat but I understand the resistance to it....I don't want to believe it either. However, the evidence has not been disputed yet.....

Well we gotta die from something it seems. So, I will enjoy the days I have remaining.:chef:

Thanks for the comments y'all.:)

Presentation is excellent. I'll bet it tastes even better than it looks!

Hey, don't feel like the Lone Ranger, Creative. I've lived in the USA my whole life and I had no idea what an ABT or Fatties were either!

My apologies, but there is a typo in the OP. I meant to say Co-Workers. There were five families I cooked for.:chef:

Wasn't directed at you, just a personal observance I see on a bunch of "Q" sites.:)

LOL, if you believe everything they tell you can cause cancer, then you better start learning to live without breathing, because it can cause cancer. ;)

I have a bag of blueberries in the freezer. The Pirate loves blueberry pancakes. So he called Poo (who lives in Vermont) and asked him to pick up some real maple syrup for him. That was in the middle of last month. He finally showed up this past Saturday with the syrup. According to The Pirate, they would find that blueberry pancakes would cause cancer before he got that syrup. And if that happens, he is willing to forgo the pancakes and just drink the syrup. :angel:

I thought it was charred/grilled meats and vegetables? :rolleyes:

Well we gotta die from something it seems. So, I will enjoy the days I have remaining.:chef:
Thanks for the comments y'all.:)

Agree. Looking good.

If this is true, there are lot of people in this world who will die with a smile on their face. If you look at the study, they fed burnt food to rats at a rate, you have to eat about ton of food in one sitting, to suffer the same way.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom